The Vinyl Shop

Hello From NJ "The Vinyl SHop"

I have 3 clamp rollers but the one I could have sworn said isn't used. It seems to be attached to the head area where the head is parked, when I tried this roller clamp it grabbed the vinyl so hard it pulled it crooked.

See the pics below.

I am getting terrible results with the Oracal 351 chrome. Im at speed 600 and pressure 64. The cuts seem to be jagged when you look super close. I am scoring the backing paper too, so much that you can feel it on the back of the decal. Not to the point where iit is cutting through but you can feel it. I set my blade depth to where I folded a piece of loose leaf paper and pushed HARD and it only cut the top sheet and barely nicked the second one so I am not sure if that could be an issue. I still cannot believe people start at pressure 120. I told Levi that here at US Cutter support team and He was like "WHAT?" He said rule of thumb is 90-100 to start. Im at 61 and scoring the paper, what the heck is going on, lmao??

cutter-1.jpg

Im also getting the lifting issue you can clearly see.

The machine is somehow catching corners and pulling the vinyl.

cutter-1.jpg

Another aggrivating isse is the origin setting. Seems like no matter what I am not getting this blade to start where I want. You see where the edge of the vinyl is in the above pics, this is where I set the origin to current, and it still comes in 3 inches and starts cutting then my last cut is 1/2 in the media and 1/2 off, I have to hit reset and abort.

Your blade is exposed too much . Search Skeeter's content . She has typed how to adjust blade exposure by test cutting hand many times .

Yeah I am messing with that right now I was too deep. I used an envelope and cut right through both, the second layer wasnt cut totally but thats still too deep.

your cutting too deep. should barely make a mark on the backing paper. Your blade is lifting the vinyl. Your not cutting paper, why are you using paper to set your blade? Use the vinyl to set your blade. That is what you are cutting. Each different vinyl is tested with the actual vinyl you are going to cut.

Your cutter looks like it has a continous grit roller,all the way across the bottom of your vinyl cutter. Is that correct? If so. move the vinyl further to the left, so the far right pinch roller is close to the far right edge of the vinyl.

Different pressure or lack of, depends on how far the blade is out in the blade holder. Like I said, you cannot check it with paper. Check it with the vinyl. Take blade holder out and cut a piece of scrap vinyl by firmly cutting across it. Should only cut the vinyl and barely a mark on backing, or no mark

You should be adjusting the blade cutting the actual vinyl you intend to cut . Take the blade holder out & by hand , press hard on the vinyl & adjust until it JUST makes an indent in the backing paper . You can use less blade than that .

Your cutter looks like it has a continous grit roller,all the way across the bottom of your vinyl cutter. Is that correct? If so. move the vinyl further to the left, so the far right pinch roller is close to the far right edge of the vinyl.

My pinch rollers are moveable, well the two you see touching the vinyl in the pics. Like I said I have a third but it doesnt seem to work when I clamp it.

Just did a test cut with a hair more blade and pressure 71 looks fantastic!!!

I went thru the same thing long ago , I have learned I had the blade out too much SEVERAL times :lol: . I can barely feel the blade with my finger . I usually don't have to adjust when cutting metallics because I use more pressure . Try the pressure at 120 & adjust the blade .

I went thru the same thing long ago , I have learned I had the blade out too much SEVERAL times :lol: . I can barely feel the blade with my finger . I usually don't have to adjust when cutting metallics because I use more pressure . Try the pressure at 120 & adjust the blade .

I don't ever adjust my blade, unless I'm just trying to get a little more use out of it.. I adjust the pressure.. a little higher for chrome... I can barely feel my blade either.