The Vinyl Shop

Hello From NJ "The Vinyl SHop"

Just picked up a US Cutter machine, great bang for the buck!! Man o man if I can only start cutting. I have never in my life experieneced such an UN user friendly software in the flex10. Horrrrrrible software. I am 14 years into photoshop and this program flax 10 is terrrrrrrible!! I had the machine hooked up since 9 am and its now 9pm est and still not one cut, man I am almost sorry I bought this set up. Tnhougt it would have been much easier but man was I wrong.

If you would give some details as to what the problem is,maybe we could help.

Just picked up a US Cutter machine, great bang for the buck!! Man o man if I can only start cutting. I have never in my life experieneced such an UN user friendly software in the flex10. Horrrrrrible software. I am 14 years into photoshop and this program flax 10 is terrrrrrrible!! I had the machine hooked up since 9 am and its now 9pm est and still not one cut, man I am almost sorry I bought this set up. Tnhougt it would have been much easier but man was I wrong.

WOW.. I have been using Flexistarter for 6 years now. VERY ez to use.. It is NOT design software, It is cutting software. What is your problem?

If you could explain, we could help. Photoshop is not a vector program. Corel, Illustrator, and Inkscape are.

You need to import vector files to cut.

Did you read the newbie manual here on the forum? or maybe you could walk thru here.

http://start.uscutter.com/

When I started in 06, I knew absolutely nothing about any of it. This forum was not even here.

I am not an artist ,and had never used any type of graphic software, like Illustrator. But I taught myself.

and have been a very good seller on EBAY since 2006, Chill out and read, We can't help you if we don't know where you are at or what is not working out for you. So, what's your problem with Flexi? What's your problem with not cutting? Make some sense of your statements, not just come here and bash Flexi. Like anything. you have to take time to learn it, THEN you can say you don't like it. Flexi is one of the most user friendly software out there.

Now, gather your thoughts and make some questions that make sense?

There was not a question in any of that post above.

Thanks all for the very informative and fast replies.

I am just beyond frustrated is what the problem is. I hate change. I have always done decals and die cut stuff but always outsourced to my Friends shop and He would drop ship for me, well it took off and He said I have to get my own machine because he cant print/cut all my stuff alond with His. So I figured I would test the waters and just grab a cutter for now since most of my profit is from die cut anyway. I always sent him merged photoshop .eps files and He would print them and send them out and some to me when I requested it and they looked perfect, exactly what I sent Him to a T.

I have the same photoshop file with some slight changes made here that I want to cut for delivery tomorrow at Noon and I open Flexi and I am just plain lost in space. The machine is assembled, all is installed and ready. My Buddy who I currently use for decals will not be available for a couple of weeks, He's handing an out of state sale of Family property so I am screwed, lol.

I also clicked on production manager and my machine model does not show up. I have the sc 34 inch model from Here.

First off, you said your friend is printing your decals. Your cutter is not a printer. It is a vinyl cutter.

Your vinyl cutter brand is a Liyu, and is located in Flexi.

Now you need vector files to import and cut.

Also, at the top of your layout screen is HELP>HELP TOPICS which can tell you about your software. It is like a user manual.

From what I'm reading here, the file is not in vector graphic format -- it's a raster file.

Without knowing what it looks like, I would suggest the following routine, which is what I've been doing since obtaining my MH cutter, and using it from the first 5 minutes out of the box.

1. Download and install SignBlazer Elements

2. From the FIle menu, import the raster file.

3. Select the graphic (grab-handles will appear around it)

3. Choose "Mode" from the IMAGE menu, click on Monochrome (adjust threshold as needed)

4. Return to the IMAGE menu, and choose Vectorise (yep, British spelling)

--- The setup drop down should show Art#2/General ---

Click OK

5. Now, you'll see a blue and black result -- Keep the blue and drag away the black (it can be deleted, even).

6. The blue is your cuttable vector.

Cut.

Total time, 2 minutes.

First off, you said your friend is printing your decals. Your cutter is not a printer. It is a vinyl cutter.

Your vinyl cutter brand is a Liyu, and is located in Flexi.

Now you need vector files to import and cut.

I know that. LOL I have Him do printing and die cut stuff for me. I just relieved some of his time at his shop by at least getting a cutter.

My buddy got me a quick phone lesson in basic AI ad it's not as bad as I thought I made the art board, dragged my image then replicated and now i have a loaded art boart ready to go. Can cut from the AI artboard?

My buddy got me a quick phone lesson in basic AI ad it's not as bad as I thought I made the art board, dragged my image then replicated and now i have a loaded art boart ready to go. Can cut from the AI artboard?

no, Illustrator is not cutting software. It is design software. I thought you had Flexi. Flexi is cutting software.

click File in Flexi> import> go to where ever you have your file and import it. Select your image and use Design Central to size it.

AWESOME Sir, thank you all very much. I am going to try it. Should I also do a test cut? I installed the red blade and was told thats pretty much all you need but I cot 80% chrome & brushed is that the correct color blade for that? I need to know how far out the blade needs to be from the cartridge too. The US Cutter Guy named Levi said 1/2 the thickness of a credit card is what it needs to be?

AI is Adobe Illustrator.

AWESOME Sir, thank you all very much. I am going to try it. Should I also do a test cut? I installed the red blade and was told thats pretty much all you need but I cot 80% chrome & brushed is that the correct color blade for that? I need to know how far out the blade needs to be from the cartridge too. The US Cutter Guy named Levi said 1/2 the thickness of a credit card is what it needs to be?

AI is Adobe Illustrator.

LOL Actually I am a woman, yes, you should do a test cut. several,several, test cuts. Don't start with cutting chrome. Use a regular vinyl to practice with, or you will have a lot of scrap. Take the blade holder out of the vinyl cutter, and in your hand, cut firmly across a piece of vinyl.You should only be cutting the vinyl and no marks in the wax paper backing, Adjust the blade to get to that point, Then put the blade holder back into your vinyl cutter and use the force to get the same results. Run test cuts until you have it correct.

Yes, I know AI stands for adobe illustrator

Mam I am sorry, lol. So I load some plain vinyl and hit test cut on the machine?

yes, run test cuts from your vinyl cutter.

no apology needed,

Thanks again, just ran a test. The cut parts lifted out "OK" but it could be deeper, do I adjust the weight that is displayed on the screen (25 mine is at now) or do I manually adjust it at the blade cartridge?