thom102

Step by step help please......dotted lines and red lines show up when I send to cutter?

We just got a cutter and it came with Signblazer. I downloaded an .eps and got it all ready. Then I sent it to the cutter and when I push cut these wobbly dotted lines go all over the image and parts of the image turns red? Then when I try to cut it, it ruins my vinyl. Can someone give me a step by step instructional on how to fix this! Here is a picture of what I am talking about! Thank you!

post-23395-0-78632600-1329848692.jpg

Your vecor image is very cluttered. SB is cutting what it sees. Look at the image in wireframe and you will see you have a lot of extra lines/nodes that need cleaning up.

The problem I believe is your blade offset setting in Signblazer. Set it to .25 and see if that helps.

In Signblazer, click on the "cutter" icon and then "setup". In the box that says "blade offset"

type in .25

Red dotted lines are outside cuts, Blue dotted lines are inside cutouts, White dotted lines are where the blade should be up off of the material.

The dotted lines show the cutter paths the machine is following. The red ones are outside cuts, the blue ones are cutouts and the white ones are transitions between cuts. That's what all of the wobbly lines mean.

For some reason I thought when it turned red and blue that it would only print the blue. So I just randomly tried it and it didn't do a thing this time. The first time I did it when it ruined the vinyl I had all my settings wrong!