Sign in to follow this  
Bokx

Shapes have gaps

Hi there,

I am having trouble with shapes; mostly squares and circles, but also letters, not closing completely. There is usually a very small gap where the blade starts/ends making the shape. I suppose this is from the blade offset. I have tried different speed and offset settings (0-0.5 in increments of 0.1) and I cant get rid of the gap. This isn't a big prblem with bigger signs, but with small letters and borders it makes it close to impossible to weed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have had my mh-721 going on 5 years now, had the same problem. I have tried every thing that people have said to try and nothing had worked.

I believe the problem is with the stepper motors. What you need is cutting software with an over cut option like Signgo. I have used this for the last 3 years, use an over cut of .015 inch and have no problems even cutting letters as small as .125.

You can download a 30 day free trail version on all signgo programs. just do a search on the web for signgo.

Hope this helps

Bigmac

• Like 1

BigMac is right. Any program that has the overcut feature should take care of the problem. Flexi has it too.

how small are you trying to cut

The gap shows regardless of the size, even on big shapes; but it is a bigger problem with small shapes as they will weed off (anything smaller than half you got to weed carefully).

I have had my mh-721 going on 5 years now, had the same problem. I have tried every thing that people have said to try and nothing had worked.

I believe the problem is with the stepper motors. What you need is cutting software with an over cut option like Signgo. I have used this for the last 3 years, use an over cut of .015 inch and have no problems even cutting letters as small as .125.

You can download a 30 day free trail version on all signgo programs. just do a search on the web for signgo.

Hope this helps

Bigmac

I was affraid that this was the answer (although happy that there is one) since I really liked SB and the fact that it is free is a huge plus (we bought the cutter to make signs around our factory/office and not for business).

I will take a look at those other cutter software and see if I can solve it with the overcut feature.

Thanks for the help.