matt

The Line of Death Returns!!

Ok, I'm back. After several projects cut without a problem I've started to get the "line of death" - cutter suddenly seizes up, cuts to the edge of my roll and then starts spooling all the way out while still cutting. I thought it might be static, so I put the cutter on a cardboard mat, but that didn't make a difference. I've got a copam 2500, intel mac, latest version of sign cut and keyspan adapter. everything was working perfectly - until now! Thanks for the help. :help:

Ohhhh... that would suck, cause lots of times I hit the "cut" button and walk away with a 50yrd spoll on the roller, lol.

here are my specs:

IMAC   

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB memory

500GB hard drive1

Leopard OS

SignCut X2

CS3

Refine MH721 cutter with 4MB upgrade

I have had problems with complicated cuts where about half way through it has a mind of its own and cuts a diagonal line through the work (afterwards it keeps cutting but renders about half of them useless).  I thought it was a memory issue so I upgraded the RAM.  It didn't really help and I am sill having a lot of problems

here is an example.  I was cutting about 50 or so of these machine guns.  They are about 2" in length and 1" tall. 

2250779774_3ea3e3f44b.jpg