Dr12volt1338

Tanning stickers.......

Does anyone see any dangerous issues with using vinyl cut outs while tanning to leave an untanned portion. My new building is next door to a tanning salon and I was thinking I could market the idea of custom stickers for this. IE. names or designs or most anything else they could want.

I would make sure the vinyl doesn't get too hot being exposed to the tanning bulbs. You really dont want someone being upset that they are branded instead of taned LOL.

Thats why I was asking I have never been in a tanning bed so I really have no idea the kind of heat involved in the process. Maybe I will have to send the wifey in for a tanning session.

That is a fun & original idea !!! I would check out the danger of the glue being heated agaisnt the skin ( you could mirror cut it if that is a problem ) & also the vinyl itself . I have read any plastics give off dangerous fumes when heated . Especially in a micro wave . I fear there will come a time , similiar to the people who started smoking when it was not known how damaging that is ... with plastic bottles & cooking stuff . Heating baby bottles etc in a micro wave might cause major problems in the long term .

My wife used to go to a place that had different paper stickers like you would find in the dollar store. Butterflies or animals. She never had any adverse reactions.

Jay those are like what I was talking about I can't believe what they charge for them I told the lady that owns the place I could give her a deal on them I'm just wondering what kind of material I could use I am experimenting with heat and the vinyl now to see how hot it gets and what the adhesive does.

i know few girls that would put stickers on them, a few would do a vinyl sticker every now and then. i dont believe they give off heat just uv light. but you have to consider if that is true, darket colors would absorb more uv light. something to look into research wise.

The heck with making the stickers which one of you will volenteer to place he stickers on the above legal age young ladies???

ROGER you can not volenteer your taken by the great white north....LOL >:D

The UV light doesn't go through the stickers so it shouldn't matter what color they are unless it is clear or transparent.

what about using avery lables for office documents, you can get them in different sizes and cut them on you cutter. they have a mild adhesive that should not be a problem.

We are going to do some experimenting this week and see what happens. Just me being in there offering to do them there was a lot of interest from the girls wanting their name or a tattoo like tribal to show off and be able to change it every few months. So I will keep everyone updated.

Tanning doesnt work like browning a chicken. It uses radiation like the sun without the heat. More like an overcast day in fl where you get 2nd degree burns but dont feel the heat..

Mark

My wife owns a tanning salon and we have those stickers. It would be hard to compete. We order our stickers 1000 per roll for $10. Unless

• Like 1

My wife owns a tanning salon and we have those stickers. It would be hard to compete. We order our stickers 1000 per roll for $10. Unless

I know they can get the hearts and flowers that cheap but we are looking at doing larger tribals and what not to go all the way across the lower back like how a lot of the tattoos are. I have had 2 girls come in today wanting their name small with a butterfly on each side.

The heck with making the stickers which one of you will volenteer to place he stickers on the above legal age young ladies???

ROGER you can not volenteer your taken by the great white north....LOL > :D

Hey Jeff , ... I just came across post for the 1rst time .... I was in like Flint , but she kicked me to the curb for some guy named " Stetty " ... Hmmm , go figure :lol::angel::bear: