hello all!

I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect forum.

I'm a software developer by day, so it's only natural that I wrote some tools to make my life easier. I wrote these online calculators that help me out when I'm replying to a customer or developing a new product with the partner. They are simple by design and they're not intended to replace any current estimating software you might have. Just something quick, easy and to the point.

I decided to register a domain and put them online for general consumption. I hope they will be as useful to others as they were to me. I think they're generic enough to fit with the estimating/pricing styles of most people.

I plan on doing more. If you have any feedback/suggestions, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.vinylcalculator.com

Please bookmark the site and pass it around if you find it useful!

human39...... THANKYOU!!! :) Now that is very NICE of you. Perfect!!

No problem. I hope its useful!

Hi again!

I just wanted everybody know that I finished the initial version of the mobile version of the the vinyl calculator.

http://vinylcalculator.com/m/

It should work on most android and apple based phones. Currently, the only way to access the mobile site is with the url above. After a few days, I'll add some changes to automatically redirect smartphones visiting the site to the mobile version.

Let me know what you think!

Very helpful thank you :-) I have used it a few times already... much easier to use than others. I just need more options.

I'm looking for a tool for my mobile where, when I am at a job site I can calculate my cost and what I should charge for materials to be used without having to take to much of my customers time and more importantly my time! Or even worse, for big jobs have to email price to customer afterwards due to all the calculating..

For instance...

I can enter in the size of media and what it cost me.., let's say 54" wide x 150' @ $579.00 . Then below I can enter in what it cost me to print ink per sqft' "example - $0.18 per sqft'. Below that, I can enter in overlaminate...54" wide x 150' @ $419.00. Then, below that,.. I can enter in masking if needed "same idea as media"..Below that I can enter in a substrate like coroplast or alupanel or mdo at cost per sheet. THEN, below that, I can enter in a value I need to be charging for materials. I usually charge my cost X's 3 etc. Below that I can enter in time "labor", @$25.00 per hour with 1/2 hour minimum default optional. Finally now I can enter in the print size and quantity for the finished product"s" to be able to get the exact dolar amount I need to charge my customer.

Better yet! After all that,"below all those options", a tab I can click at the bottom on to send all that info to my email so I can paste it in the description on my customers final proof / invoice. Media / material usage, time and cost to the customer....not my cost... Estimate to bid to proof to invoice without having to retype it all, all in one app! Nice!

It would be nice to have that as a app for my iphone :-) For that I would pay $$ for..

I use this website on a regular basis. This would also be a great App for instant estimates. It would also be nice if there was a field to add a mark up % for a job or a database feature to save calculator for estimates based on material. I would pay to have those added.