Sign in to follow this  
hharley3059

MH 871 going bad

a week ago my cutter started acting funny . When I used the button to reel back the vinyl it would make a funny noise after about 2 feet and the light on the (off line) would go out and I had to reset the machine to continue and be carefull to reverce reel in 1 foot spirts at a time or I'd get the same error.

Today I went to do a job , found the pressure setting was 2550 g I was shocked sence i keep it on about 70-90 g I tried to reset the machine but had to use the button to bring it back to 90 g . When I sent to job over from the computer I got no responce from the cutter. I went over and reset the maching ..again no responce .

I unpluged the machine from the wall and waitted . When I rebooted the Cutter the pressure was agin on 2550 g ...I went through running the pressure back to 70g and again when I sent from computer to cutter Nothing..

Finaly I shut down the cutter and walked away . About 15 minutes later when I was getting ready to close I desided to try again . I tuen on the cutter , The pressure read 90 g I ran a test cut and it worked fine.

Something is going out on the machine , I need to find out what and get the part asap before next Friday . I also tried again to reel back the vinyl in the machne and again after about 2 foot Machine error out.

Not that it matters but useing Flexi 10 Windows 7 and USB connection on desk top computer

Thank You

Update: Contacted USCutter , Motherboard is going bad , I desided to buy another MH871 because mine is 4 years old and who know what else is going to go bad , I will replace the MB in the old one and keep it as a back up , Because it has been a very good machine for me and you can't beat the price . This Machine was never ment to be a work horse and yet it lasted 4 years I can't complain

• Like 1

Update.... Got the new mh871 and went up to shop to replace old one. I desided to start the old one and test it. To my surprise , It started up and worked perfectly.

I ran it all week with no problems.

My thinking is . I was getting ready to run a chrome Vinyl when the cutter went crazy and went down. Could the metal vinyl have carried a static charge and it wasn't strong enough to

destroy the mother board but strong enough to make it go crazy for a short time?