Sign in to follow this  
runjohnray

Cut gets deeper as it moves across from right to left

I set the blade just right and do a test cut along the right side of the machine as i go to the left it gets deeper and deeper and cuts throught the vinyl. i made sure the material is not bowing when i loaded it and i checked the cutting strip to see if it is not seated on one side. I pushed down on it and it seemed to be fine. Do i need to send this thing in to get fixed?

i removed it and it still does the same thing. I am on vista using USB with sign Blazer on the CTN630E (w/o Stand)

that i purchased on 1/30/08

Oh, it is not a Refine? Ok, how far out is the blade sticking from the blade holder? Is the end cap still in contact with the little rubber O ring?

it is sticking out a good lenght I tighted the cap all the way. I guess i should unscrew it keeping it on the "o" ring. and sorry I did relize the different model forms and now i see this is a common problem for this model. Dang

It's no problem, I will move this to the correct category. The end cap should be loosened away from the other end, so that the blade is barely exposed. You should only see about 1/2 of the angle of the blade sticking out. If the end cap is loose, it may be causing the issue as well.