Sign in to follow this  
PBR Allstar

how do I delete a path?

I have an image and after vectorizing it left me with two fairly broad lines instead of one solid line for the outline, think of it like a pair of railroad tracks.

I want to delete the two inner paths so I just have one broad line. Curious if there is an easy way to do this instead of doing it one node at a time?

thanks, sorry if this is a rudimentary question.

-ford.

Not sure if I totally understand what you mean, but you can select more than one node at a time by dragging a box around them and then deleting. I'm assuming you are using inkscape? You can also select more than one node by holding the shift key while selecting (or it's the ctrl key, can't remember). Hope this helps.

Don

Arrange + Split will break them apart to seperate elements. You can select and delete what you don't want them Arrange + combine to put together what's left.

Thanks Jay, that seemed to work. not sure why I didn't think of that? the last week has just been a wealth of new knowledge and remembering things about graphics that I had totally forgotten for the last ten years.

thanks again,

ford.