Hummer

Speedpress Vinyl Applicator

Hello all,

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct spot, but here goes;

I was just wondering if any of you have purchased and used the "Speedpress Vinyl Applicator"? It sort of caught my eye, but big time expensive! Is it worth the money? Does anyone know how to make a home made replica?

Thank you once again for your time...

There was a guy that made a home brew version. I think his screen name is Midwaste. I don't remember if it was here or on Vinylforum. I made one out of window screen frame from Lowes.

You made yours out of a window screen frame? Can you give me some instructions, starting point, please?

Thank you, thank you, thank you...!!! Guess what the old man is doing this weekend??? I post a picture when I finish with a price list, K?

Thank you once again.

:mellow: A "SPECIAL" thank you and a high five to MIDWASTE for posting such detailed instructions! :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

You made yours out of a window screen frame? Can you give me some instructions, starting point, please?

Midwastes is probably better than mine, but I was in a hurry. I got a window screen kit from Lowes. It's 4 pieces of aluminum material made to hold window screen. It comes with corner connectors. I cut it to the size I wanted, then put it together. I use binder clips to hold the app tape on. It's hard to explain, but I can take some pics when I get out to the shop later.

I really love to see folks use thier head for more than a "hat rack". Awsome info. Know what I'll be doing tomorrow..........

Got my hubby to build me one the other day. Works GREAT!!! It did cost a bit more than Midwaste paid. Under $40.00 with tax in Canada. I find it a lot easier to use than to try to line up registration marks.

another option is to use a big newman roller frame (screen printing equipment) and clear app tape - works great