Hummer

Vector Magic

Good morning all,

I just wanted to know if any of you use Vector Magic? What do you think are the pros and cons to purchasing this? Is it worth the money?

Are there any other programs that you would suggest in lieu of this? I have WinPCSIGN 2010, Inkscape and Adobe Photoshope Elements 7.0. Are these programs enough to do all that I will have to do to cut vinyl? I am 'studying' really hard, trying to learn WinPCSIGN and Inkscape, but I get pretty frustrated sometimes. I realize that all of this takes time...maybe I am just a little dense.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Thank you for your time...

I bought Vector Magic and I love it. very very very simple to use and within a couple weeks it paid for itself. I had a few local business's who wanted their logo cut but all they had was the image as a jpeg and they were all multiple colors and rather complex so it works much nicer for me since I am not that good with inkscape. The price tag was a little iffy for me at first but with a few jobs it was well worth it just for all the time it saved me to clean up images.

i have it and use it just about daily, its a very good program and saves hours of work!

Thank you for the quick response. Did you buy monthly, or outright?

I use it, but almost out of email address for the free trial. Wish I did enough work to warrant the purchase. I never know, I can go months without the need, then BANG I could use it every day, then off again for another few months.

I ran out of email address's to use and purchased.  You have to tweek the settings a bit to get what you got from the website.  Personally I would have rather had a subscription to the website, but I got the software working great now and get what I expected.

They offer an educational discount for 50% off the desktop version. I think the online version works great and very easy to use.

They offer an educational discount for 50% off the desktop version. I think the online version works great and very easy to use.

Just applied for it.. Lets see if it comes thru...