Sign in to follow this  
JimmieD

Signcut vs. Signblazer

I downloaded the trial version of Signcut X2.  I really like the software...especially the weedlines tool.  Anyway, when I cut out a design using Signcut, my Laserpoint seems to have a lot more chatter when it is cutting compared to the same design cut in Signblazer.  The head seems to vibrate a lot and it is generally much louder when cutting.  I'm sure this has to do with some setting that is different between the two software packages.  The quality of the cuts seems the same.  Any thoughts?  I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a Signcut subscription, but I'm concerned that I may be doing damage to my cutter with the extra vibration.

Thanks,

JimmieD

just curious as to why you like SignCut better than Signblazer? Signcut is only a cutting application. Signblazer is design and cutting software. Signblazer has weeding lines.

Do you do your design in corel or something?

Hello Jimmie,

The reason for the stuttering may be related to that SignCut-X2 uses higher resolution when cutting, what you may try to do in order to resolve that, please try this:

1. Close down SignCut-X2

2. Locate the file "USCutterLaserPoint24.ini", usually located at "C:Program filesSignCut X2Drivers".

3. Open the file with Notepad or Wordpad.

4. Find the parameter named "CurveResolution", change the value to 100

5. Save and close the file, now retry to cut.

Sorry for this procedure, in the next revision of SignCut-X2, we will have an advanced settings-tab in the cutter-dialogue to change these parameters.

Thank you, it's nice to hear that you like our weedingline tools, they are indeed unique to SignCut-X2 as we invented them back in 1992.

Welcome to our forums, Hans!!

Always nice to have an expert from one of the software manufacturers join the crowd.

:lol:

Hans,

I can't wait to try out your fix.  Thank you very much.

BannerJohn,

I use Corel for my designing.  I know Signblazer has all the design tools, but I don't want to spend the time to learn them since Corel is like second nature for me.  The weeding line tools in Signcut gives me much more control.  Also when using the weeding lines option with Signblazer I have found the results to be unpredictable.  With Signcut I can put them where I want and I see exactly where they are going to be before I cut.

Thanks guys,

JimmieD

Hans,

I tried out changing the curve resolution but it didn't seem to make any difference.  It really is like night and day between how Signcut cuts out and how Signblazer cuts out.  Also, Signblazer, because there is not as much movement in the head, cuts out at 2x the speed.  I just cut out a design using both programs.  With Signcut it took over 3 minutes.  With SignBlazer it took just over a minute.

Scratching my head here.

Jim

This is not how it should be running, we have a seperate issue here so lets try and track it down.

Please click the cutter button and either list the settings there or take a screen shot and post it please, You may also try going to our site and choosing live chat and one of our techs can assist you in real time.

Kimon,

I assume you mean support@sc-x2.com?

Anyway, I sent a wmf file that I tried using both programs.

I appreciate your help.  I really want to use Signcut if possible.

JimmieD

Kimon....I figured it out!  :yes:

After I got your request to send a sample file, I realized the one thing all my trials of Signcut had in common was that I was using .wmf files.  I just now took the file I sent you, converted it to an .eps file and it cut out beautifully.

So...there must be some issue between the .wmf file format and your program with this cutter.

Anyway...your help pointed me in the direction of the solution and all is well.  :thanks:

JimmieD

I use .wmf files a lot. (Free from Microsoft,btw) but they CAN be tricky at times. In Flexi I can cut as they come,in SB and SC I have to convert as you did. But, for free, you can't beat the price.

Hi All ,  i really like the weedline control in SignCut . I have the trial version of SignBlazer also . the weeding is the only complaint i have with SignBlazer . Is there a weedline control ? thanks , Rodger

i like using signcut a lot better as well, but how come when i choose precision cutting, it freezes? (im using demo mode by the way) will this feature work on a full version? thanks

Hello,

I don't know about the precision cutting causing a freeze, but if you would use the "Enable Safe Longcuts" it could cause a freeze

on Mac, it has been resolved with the new V2.21 of SignCut-X2 released today.

Another thing in this release is the "Simple Contourcut" which allows you to cut contours simple, quickly and accurate, see this postcard

for more information and links to a step-by-step guide and video demonstration:

Greetings from Sweden