Azonic

SignBlazer not talking to PCUT 630 (settings issue?)

Had this all working just fine a few months ago, got it all back out again today and i can't seem to get SignBlazer to talk to the cutter.

I'm using the same laptop, have tried reinstalling the drivers and been over the COM settings a fair few times but when pressing 'Cut' all it does is say 'sending output to cutter' and the cutter dosent do anything.

The cutter itself performs its test cut OK. I'm sure its a setting issue rather than hardware fault.

Current settings are as follows:

Laptop (Windows 7)

USB Serial Port (COM3)

BPS 9600

DATA BITS 8

PARITY None

STOP BITS 1

FLOW CONTROL Hardware

SignBlazer Elements 6.0.2.1

OUTPUT DEVICE Blazer.COM3 - USB Serial Port

BAUD RATE 9600

DATA BITS 8

PARITY None

STOP BITS 1

FLOW CONTROL Hardware

I have tried all the USB ports on the laptop with the same result.

I've had this laptop cutting with this cutter before with no problems.

Try another cable . If you have the option, use a serial cable .... $15 at the local Radio Shack .

Com 3 may not be an available port and is being used else where on your computer.

Try running at com 4 that's what I've always ran mine at.

Make sure it is also the same in device manager... Worth a go.

It seeems to me com ports under 4 or 5 have to be used with SignBlazer

Thanks guys, got it sorted now. Seems the cutter had lost its settings and the baud rate on the actual cutter needed changing again! Always the simple things huh.

dear all,

i bought a cs630 from ebay , and i cant figure out why the computer cannot see it.

i downloaded the usb driver from pcut-cn website, after installing the driver it says its installe.

but when i plug the cutter, it cant be recognized.

i also tried the usb-serial, and i also have a serial cable, but how do i add this cutter to the device?

do i add printer? if yes, what manufacturer/model do i choose? i cant find "creation pcut" in the list.

if anyone has a driver for the serial port, kindly email me please at artxty@yahoo.com

i've tried this cutter on windows xp, vista, windows 7.

Thank you.

dear all,

i bought a cs630 from ebay , and i cant figure out why the computer cannot see it.

i downloaded the usb driver from pcut-cn website, after installing the driver it says its installe.

but when i plug the cutter, it cant be recognized.

i also tried the usb-serial, and i also have a serial cable, but how do i add this cutter to the device?

do i add printer? if yes, what manufacturer/model do i choose? i cant find "creation pcut" in the list.

if anyone has a driver for the serial port, kindly email me please at artxty@yahoo.com

i've tried this cutter on windows xp, vista, windows 7.

Thank you.

what cutting software are you trying to use with it to cut?  It isn't a printer and won't show up as one it is a vinyl plotter and must be used with appropriate software.