Sign in to follow this  
Rob@MM

So confused...

I've had this cutter for almost a year now and everything has been smooth sailing up until this point. A few days ago I noticed that "all of a sudden" i can;t cut the smaller details anymore. A few days has gone buy, and it seems to have gotten worse. Now, simple text decals that have "o"s or dots in them are cut jagged. I can't cut small text almost at all. Even if I get lucky and the smaller text cuts, every sharp edge is lifted. This is aggravating me. Part of me thinks the machine is dying since I've probably cut 10k decals with a $200 machine and I'm getting what I pay for. On the other hand, the machine seems like it still has the same function and life in it it did back when I got it. The track is fine. The roller is tight. I haven't found any other troubleshooting info on the topic.

Is there a reset or something we can do? Thanks.

make sure your belt is tight that moves the carriage head, left to right. Also take a look at your blade holder, make sure nothing in it. a few drops of light oil in it helps. Make sure the part that holds the blade holder isn't cracked. Check the carriage wheels for cracks /broken.. Give the vinyl cutter an overall look at, for imperfections/cracks..

Lol, I'm not a noob. I've been doing this stuff for a minute. I've inspected the carriage head and blade holder several times. I've inspected the whole machine several times and don't see anything irregular. Belts tight, roller's tight, I just don't get it. I'm about to go Office Space on this piece.

time for a Graphtec... you'll never look back.. You'll just ask yourself.. Why did I wait so long?? LOL

Do you have the same problem when using a pen?

Look at your blade tip and make sure it's not broken off.

How about your cutting strip, is it gouged up?

I'd like to know how this thing works out, what model machine is this?

He hasn't been back since Feb 4, 2012, it was a Refine vinyl cutter.