kimbalee

Recommend?

I am getting sick of my Sign Blazer freezing all the time on my computer. I want software that will work with my US Cutter for vinyl decals and wondered what everyone thought about flexi? Is it easier to design than signblazer and how user friendly is it? I just wanted some feedback prior to making any purchases. Also if you recommend another software, please let me know.

Thanks

I am getting sick of my Sign Blazer freezing all the time on my computer. I want software that will work with my US Cutter for vinyl decals and wondered what everyone thought about flexi? Is it easier to design than signblazer and how user friendly is it? I just wanted some feedback prior to making any purchases. Also if you recommend another software, please let me know.

Thanks

which Flexi version are you referring to? There are several, with the highest being in the $4000 range, (FlexisignPro) down to $130.00 range (Flexstarter) Flexistarter is not a design software, Basic cutting software, but you can design in Inkscape.org.. I have used Flexistarter since 2006, for my cutting software, very user friendly. Does not lock up. Flexisign Pro is a full service printing and design software.

You can look at the offerings on Uscutter for differences, but Flexistarter10 can be had new on EBAY for $130.00 free ship.

http://www.uscutter.com/Sign-Software-57

I was looking at Flexistarter10. I've never used inkscape. Do you create your design and then import it into flexi? Just wanted to get a grasp on the basics so I know what I am getting into. Its a good chunk of change, but will definitely buy from Ebay.

Actually you could export an .eps from Signblazer, save it, import it, if you want to use it for design software. You can save an .eps from Inkscape.org Adobe Illustrator, Corel. Graphics off vector cds.. Flexistarter, can import a lot more formats than most software... I find it very ez to use. And now the Flexistarter10 has the contour cutting feature on it. That can turn a regular vinyl cutter into a contour cutting vinyl cutter.

here is an ad on EBAY explaining it, just look for the best price on it.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2a1926d750

I rarely have had Signblazer freeze up on me, just curious what are you doing when it freezes up?

My guess would be cutting with a USB connection.

I cut from Flexi Pro 10 every day thru the usb connection NEVER freezes or screws up???Mine works great lasts long time..LOL...

Hey Stetty ,

I have noticed ALL of your connections work great & lasts a Long Time .. especialy the 1 you have up North !!! I am Impressed !!!! Have you gotten any new tattoos about that ? :lol::angel::bear:

I cut from Flexi Pro 10 every day thru the usb connection NEVER freezes or screws up???Mine works great lasts long time..LOL...

The USB ports on the inexpensive Chinese cutters do not hold a connection. If you had a PCut or Refine, I think Flexi would give you trouble too.

I had problems with my windows 7 and the usb connection thats why I went to an older XP machine. I am thinking about grabbing up a few Keyspan adapters since I have a cutter and 3 printers hooked up to the computer now.

But your using a Graphtec on USB.... Huge upgrade over Chinese cutters. I too have never had a problem with my Graphtec on USB..

But my inexpensive Chinese cutter was different story.. Ran it on Serial.

Skeeter is right, I have a Graphtec on usb and windows 7 and have never had an issue with it freezing or not cutting correctly. running flexi 8, once you go Graphtec you will never go back, as they say!

I started in the vinyl printing and cutting to be a business not a hobby..I didn't want the hassels and all the crap to go with the Chinese cutters...So Worth the extra bucks to not set on the porch and now I run with the big dogs...

I fortunatly started with a Graphtec and a Mutoh printer..I had a name brand package deal thrown my way brand new from a reputable company is one of the reasons I bought everything at once..I do mostly bulk decal cutting for manufactures in the neiborhood of 5 - 10 thousand decals a week.I do everything from safty stickers to logos that go on manufactured goods...SOOOOO I guess call me spoiled but when you read and reread all the hassels and trouble everyone has with the Chinese cutters it makes me glad I started with a Graphtec...I will never buy another brand...

Hey Stetty ,

I have noticed ALL of your connections work great & lasts a Long Time .. especialy the 1 you have up North !!! I am Impressed !!!! Have you gotten any new tattoos about that ? :lol::angel::bear:

No tats my man butI am working on a schedual though..I hear you may be visiting your friend in the Great White North soon...Least thats the scuttle but on line anyways...LMAO!!!

• Like 1

No tats my man butI am working on a schedual though..I hear you may be visiting your friend in the Great White North soon...Least thats the scuttle but on line anyways...LMAO!!!

Yep !!! I was planning on visiting you while you were there on 1 of your MANY trips there ... been sorta lonely with you on the road so much . I always wanted to go moose hunting , the kind that has 2 more legs than what you hunt :lol::angel::bear:

I hear moose have enough hair ta keep you warm at night..LOL...

Have all the hairy night you want my frind..LOL...

Stetty , I started chuckling as soon as I seen that you had made a response :lol: . After reading your post , I pictured you brushing moose hair off while saying that !!! :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Don't deny your guilty pleasures Bud !!! Let me know when you get new tats :lol::angel::bear:

I have Used Flexi sence flexi 5.5 and now am using Flexi 10 I love it and it works 100% all the time and the fact you can grab a jpg off the internet and have it ready to cut in 10 seconds doesn't hurt either :)