Sign in to follow this  
HtsNstr21

window sign pricing

hey guys i'm working on a window sign and  two street advertisments for a client. the window is 4ft wide x 6ft high and he wants about 18 lines of text from top to bottom.  the two signs are 3ft wide x 17 inches in height and he wants the company logo on them in 8 inch letters.  i've never done a this kind of job so i have no idea how much to charge. any ideas? i read a few of the other posts on this but i'm still not sure what to charge cus the other posts involved other factors. any help would be appreciated thanks. i tried attaching a jpeg of the image he want on the window.

post-1585-12986515637815_thumb.jpg

post-1585-12986515646928_thumb.jpg

I would probably go with $10 per sq. ft., $25 for setup/design, and $40 per hour for installation... but that's just my .02

Thats what us old strokers call "A Newspaper?

First of all the guy is doing is wasting his money by putting so much copy on there.

No bodies going to read it.

I would try to reason with the chap and get rid of all but the most important stuff.

If he has any sense, he will listen to you.

Hell I had a lady one time insist on putting black letters on a window.

I did everything but roll on the sidewalk trying to get her to change her mind. She wouldn't.

By the time I got back to my office I had a message......

Yowelllll, I can't see it. WHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OK if I change it, I'll charge you for taking it off and redoing it.

Or you can put a white panel behind it and live with it.

She did.

yea thats what most people been saying but the letters have to be black to comply with the company standards. i suggested white myself. the good thing is that there are white blinds and its meant to be seen from close not from far away. so they should be okay. would $250 be okay for everything?

I've done banners more complicated than that for less. If they will pay $250, charge that.

The way I charge for this kind of job is I figure up all the materials cost then double it then I charge $60 hr to design manufacture(weed transfer tape etc) and then install I usually will quote a little high on the install time just to be safe my prices are not the cheapest in town but I am in the middle to lowr half. If they complain about the price with install AND I NEED THE JOB I tell them the final can be less depending on the install and any prep they do (such as wash car wash windows etc...) if everything goes well but if there are unfore seen issues your quote should cover your time.