Sign in to follow this  
likwidchz

Bobcat/Sable BI-60

A friend has this cutter.. is there another cutter with a driver that will work with this? GCC's cutter driver is pretty bad. you have to get the cutter into USB Common mode whatever that is.

If there is another driver that works with this cutter I'm all ears.

He has windows 7 x64.

Thanks

is this a different cutter? from Signwarehouse support

I have a Bobcat Vinyl Cutter. Can I use a USB connection?

Unfortunately you will not be able to get running on USB to USB cables. The USB port on your cutter is not for job information. If you only have USB available on your computer you can purchase a Keyspan High-speed USB Serial Adapter. (

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19HS/) This will create a virtual serial port thru one of your USB ports. At this time you would assign your COM port in Production Manager to send information thru the COM port assigned to the Keyspan adapter.

Gotcha!

that makes sense, He is using flexi sign, but then he would still need to select a cutter from production manager right?

which cutter will he select?

--Aaron

Except it does not make sense, with this cutter it was working before in WinXP over usb... its just the driver for windows7 is kinda crappy.

generelly drivers are packaged as dll's, inf files, this is a pre packaged exe that does not unpack, it requires you do do this button pressing garbage on the cutter to get it into this USB common mode "whatever that is"

I understand its a strech sometime to get old hardware working in windows7 let alone x64.. but the company has drivers for them... I have recommended my buddy to call GCC and get some tech support assistance with it... I know horrible, but thats what has to happen sometime

Skeeter, Hi,

Finding the cutter within Flexi is not the problem. Its getting the stupid thing installed in win7 x64 thats the headache, the driver package is horrible.

If they were packaged how any other driver is packaged it wouldnt be a problem.

dll's and inf file and be done with it.

There are some great deals on EBAY for XP computers. , I never upgrade, I have an XP computer and I keep an XP backup..And I run a business. My computer is dedicated just for my cutter. . more reliable and stable. As yours should be, dedicated just for your vinyl cutter only. You can pick up xps for $50.00... LOOK... alot with serial cables. Why does it have to be windows 7? You don't need a new powerful computer to run a vinyl cutter..