gomer

SB cutter drivers

does anyone know what file the list of cutter drivers are in? my thinking is if i know what driver my cutter uses i can delete all the other ones and i can copy it and put it on my other pc that doesn't have the correct driver.

i looked at that before i posted, i couldnt find what i was looking for.

on my old pc it uses mh-871 driver. but what i really want to know what file the drivers are in.

I think what Gomer is asking for is how to add a cutter to the list of cutters inside of SignBlazer. What file is that information stored in.

post-1636-0-09335300-1328104725.png

what i want to know is where the cutting drivers are stored that show up in the pic from Jay2703.

C:/program files(x86)/Cutting Technologies/SignBlazer Elements/.....?

In the top tool bar hit cutter.

In the next window that pops up hit set-up on that tool bar.

That option that's in Jay's screen shot will be visible.

i know that, i want to know where there at in the program files, not how to change cutters in the program.

The way I get it now, (could be wrong) ..He wants a software programmer/designer or someone software savvy enough, to be able to read the Signblazer software program/ language, (all the files within it)....to find the file with the drivers in it.. (to know where to copy the drivers within Signblazer) ..then copy it to a different computer.

Is this close to what you are wanting?

That is what I understood him to ask. I know SignBlazer but I don't know where that file resides. I have looked myself. It would be nice to know.

I don't think it's that easy. I think they are in one of the.dll files and I have no idea which one or how to figure it out.

if its in a DLL (and that was where i assumed they would be) i can get a DLL editor online. its just what one?:huh:

today i uninstalled and deleted all SBE files, i was using the UK copy. then i did a new install of the old SBE and it has my cutting driver in it. but i still cant cut. now i think its to do with win7 and my cutter. it wants to install it, but makes it an unknown device. this may be my real problem.

refine eco using USB connection. when i install SBE it ask what cutter and what connection type. i select MH-721 cutter and USB connection. when i open the set up tab nothing shows up next to the different connection types. i have tried running the program in different compatibility modes. the only thing that changed was sometimes i had a trial counter and sometimes i didn't.

refine eco using USB connection. when i install SBE it ask what cutter and what connection type. i select MH-721 cutter and USB connection. when i open the set up tab nothing shows up next to the different connection types.

Try COM4.

USB assigns a com port number..PLEASE READ

straight from USCutter support

* USB

If you need to install your cutter through the USB port, you will need to install the USB drivers. USB drivers are available on our support site under Downloads, then MH/Refine Series Downloads. The USB driver is the very top selection, simply click on it and run it. It will self-install and when finished tell you that "FTDI drivers have been successfully installed." Once the drivers are installed, you can plug your USB cable in to the computer and Windows should tell you that "new hardware is found" and then "your hardware is installed and ready to use." You then need to check your device manager under the ports category to see which COM port the USB installed to (usually COM3 or COM4). Once you find out which port it installed to, you can then tell SignBlazer which port it is using and select the correct Device.

If you do not have internet access to download the latest USB driver, the mini CD should have USB drivers on it as well. Just plug in your USB cable to the computer and a found new hardware wizard should appear. Do not let Windows search for a driver, but instead select “No, not at this time” and click next. On the next screen select “install from a list or specific location.” On the next screen check the box “include this location in the search” and click browse. If your CD drive is your D: drive, the drivers can be found at this path for Windows XP: D:\USB+CE1000-60\Driver\USB2 Driver\XP232R then click on next. If the install does not complete, you may need to repeat these steps to install additional drivers which can be found in the root directory of the min disk on the D: drive.

from USCUTTER SUPPORT

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/16/2/quick-install-instructions-and-faqs

Honestly, there is something going on with your setup that we're not exactly understanding properly.

My cutter Setup dialogue tells me COM4.

Even though I'm connected to the cutter with a USB cable.

post-21408-0-64624600-1328473709.jpg

i tried using all the different ports and nothing works. if i am on usb001 it sends the output but my cutter does nothing. if i try any other port i get a "the out put device can not be initialized" error message. i got to checking, i have 3 usb ports, there numbered 2,3,4. the program says it will use 1 as a default port when the SBE is installed.

on my other machine when i connect the cutter it shows up as "MH-721 Blazer.usb001" no matter what usb i use.

Skeeter and Slice & Dice has given you the answer.

Load the FTDI driver which will give you a serial connection even though you are using your USB cable.

Go to device manager and select com 4.

In Signblazer set up you will see com 4 USB/SERIAL select that and your ready to go.

I'm using a usb cable and I communicate with the cutter via com 4. go to system settings and see what comm port has been assigned. While in system settings make sure you dont see the yellow marks next to devices. That means they did nort install correctley