spitfire

MH 871 MK2 won't finish cut

As the titles says my 871 won't finish cut. I am using Windows 7 SignBlazer and USB. I have also tried Windows XP Signblazer and Serial port with the same results. I included a video. Any ideas why this is happening. It can't be the memory because it's the simplest of vectors to cutout.

th_IMG_0105.jpg

LOL... maybe it's because your not supposed to be cutting a copyrighted image..it's trying to protect you...... anyway. I didn't see anything wrong with the image, try it with the weeding lines turned off. Those weeding lines take up memory..

Is your cutter grounded to the stand? if you have a stand...

Have you tried Signcut??

I just grabbed something offline quick and that's the first thing I thought of. I know about about the copyright.

Tried with weeding lines off already. Stand is grounded but I just scrapped away paint and sanded the areas where I was grounding it to try to get a better connection.

Tried Signcut, same result.

I will mention as well that this is a new motherboard

well, if you have replaced parts.. then put a ticket in and contact support. or call them next week, I think that would be the best bet...

That's what I have been doing. Ticket is already opened just wanted to get input here so I don't have to keep waiting on tech.

The cutter actually never worked. Was purchased in Sept of 2011. My town was hit by historic flood around the sametime. My house wasn't flooded but important people around me and my work was flooded severly so I spent most of my time recovering at work and helping the people around me. Things are back to normal and have time to play with it again.

Called tech a few weeks ago, sent me a new motherboard because the carriage was not moving properly. New motherboard didn't help and was not the same model number as the original motherboard from the cutter. So called them again last week and they sent me a new one and again sent the wrong model board. Called them again this week and had to upload a picture of the original motherboard so they can make sure they send me the correct one and have yet to hear back from the open ticket.

I've been having the same problems, I also am unable to finish my cutting, actually it says it's sending but it is not cutting, I test the plotter, and it cuts perfect in test, but when I send something from signblazer it will not cut....I don't know what to do??? I have even reinstalled signblazer ....still not working......Has any one had these problems? Is it possible the usb connector on the computer or plotter has gone bad?? I also use MH871

I've been having the same problems, I also am unable to finish my cutting, actually it says it's sending but it is not cutting, I test the plotter, and it cuts perfect in test, but when I send something from signblazer it will not cut....I don't know what to do??? I have even reinstalled signblazer ....still not working......Has any one had these problems? Is it possible the usb connector on the computer or plotter has gone bad?? I also use MH871

your computer is not talking with your cutter.. also a keyspan adaper/serial cable is the way to go..

walk your way thru this, hope you get it..

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us

Edited by uscmarketing
fix broken link
  • Like 1

I have the USB option, COM option and LPT option, I guess I'm a little cable stupid here, which one is the serial cable?

the one with pins, that has screw downs on it. your computer also needs to be able to connect that way.(screw down) or else purchase a keyspan adapter, which connects to the serial cable, then to your vinyl cutter. USB part connects to your computer

serial cable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YourCableStore-Black-10-DB9-9-Pin-Serial-Port-Extension-Cable-RS232-/380403347096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5891ce6e98

Keyspan adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-/120420154018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0999baa2

Looks like you have something odd in the vector. When I imported it, it was goofy. It looks like a typical vector created after vectorizing a bitmap. I find that there are typically way too many node points that get created when vectorizing. I usually go through afterwards and clean them up and remove more than 60% of all the node points.

Try the attached one, see if it works for you.

foxheadlogo.sbd

Yes this computer didn't have a serial cable connection, hooked it up and installed software on the other computer, and what do you know, it's working, USB cord just wasn't connecting somewhere, THANKS GUYS! YOU ROCK!

Yes this computer didn't have a serial cable connection, hooked it up and installed software on the other computer, and what do you know, it's working, USB cord just wasn't connecting somewhere, THANKS GUYS! YOU ROCK!

great, glad you got it... :D

I am having problems on the small cuts on my cutter. It appears to try to complete the cut but misses the start point therefore not completing the cut altogether. How do I fix this?:huh: By the way, I have been using my cutter for 2 years and this probelem is fairly recent.

Greetings,

I have had an MH series for about 6 months. Everything has worked for the most part fine. I have been having an issue with the blade not completing cuts. For example it goes to cut the letter "O" and doesn't quite make it back to the starting point. I'm talking maybe less than a millimeter. Not a big deal and I can work around it.

My question is could it be the blade or do I need to reconfigure something. The blade is cutting the rest of the letter fine. This is also the same blade I started with but have run about 150 cuts through it of varied sizes from 6 inches up to 50 inches, 45 degree blade. I know my graphic is fine cause it used to cut it perfectly. Could it be the blade (I don't know how long a blade lasts), recalibrating, or are the rollers shifting ever so slightly. :huh:

Any help would be appreciated.

Use over cut in cutting software...  It will make the cutter cut just a little bit more. You can change the amount you want to over cut.

Ok thanks. I am using SCALP. Where would I find the over cut function?

Why would I never have had to do this for the last six months but now its happening?

Appreciate the help

I just searched it on google. Is it in the dialog box once I send to the cutter and tell it to cut?

Ok thanks. I am using SCALP. Where would I find the over cut function?

Why would I never have had to do this for the last six months but now its happening?

Appreciate the help

I don't use SCALP...  Your belt on your carriage head could be getting loose.  Grit rollers could be slipping,and not tight,  Vinyl drift./tracking. Pinch rollers not holding the vinyl snug.

Your welcome

K thank you. I will go and check the tightness of everything and adjust the overcut as needed. Like I said it seems to be working fine other than just missing the starting point of the letters etc. Thanks for the help hopefully I can get it worked out that way.