Sign in to follow this  
RPMgrafix

Help getting my CE5000 to work.

So I recently picked up a lightly used Graphtec CE5000-60. It worked beautifully when I tested it from the guy's computer I bought it from. I am running windows 7 if that makes a difference. I downloaded and installed the drivers and controller software from Graphtec's website. At first I thought maybe it was my version of SBE I was using so I dowloaded the all versions one with the crack and update. Told it to use the Graphtec CE3000 setup. Nothing, so I decided to use the Graphtec Robo Master Pro cutting software, nothing. I have it hooked through the USB port. Basically what's happening is when I send the cut nothing happens, it just sits there in the Queue and never cuts. When I pull up the controller software I can here the cutter fire up, but when I send a cut nothing happens. been through the users manual and can't find anything on it. I've tried calling Graphtec support 3 times now and they never answer their support line, a bit annoying. I'm at my wits end PLEASE HELP!!!

for using Graphtec Cutting Master2, install plugins for Illustrator or Corel. , vinyl cutter must be on GP-GL mode.

For Signblazer set it on HP-GL mode and use Graphtec 50. hope that helps

User manual is your friend.

you have to change the mode in the cutting master software. then you will be able to cut from illustrator or coral

Not using cutting master. It apparently doesn't like the version of AI I have. So you think it's the mode I have the cutter set on? I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything in there, at least for what I ascertained my problem was. I'll try changing the mode. But, does that also apply to using the Graphtec Robo Master software?

What is a Windows Driver?

A software driver or "driver" for short, is a software module that will allow your software application to speak the language the cutter will understand and follow. The Graphtec cutters and plotters speak two languages: HPGL (Hewlett Packard Graphics Language) and GPGL (Graphtec Plotter Graphics Language). HPGL is a generic language that is commonly used. Since most sign software packages have a Graphtec driver built in, there is no need to use a Windows driver to output a design to the Graphtec cutter.

A Windows driver is a driver that will allow programs to use the cutter as if it were a printer device. Graphic design packages such as CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator and others can send vector data to the windows driver to cut the design on the cutter. NOTE: If you are using a sign software package (Gerber, Advantage, FlexiSIGN, SignLab, Onyx, Wasatch, etc.) it is better to use their built-in drivers.

FROM

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/CPtechnotes/tnc009.html

Well, after spending a few hours on the phone with tech support we finally got it working. Turns out there was an issue with the drivers and them installing wrong on my computer. They had to change around a bunch of the settings. All is good now though. Got to say I love the Graphtec, cuts way faster and definitely way more accurate. HUGE HUGE HUGE improvement over the USCutter laser point I use to use.