Judi

Registration Marks

Newby needs some advise! I am using Sign Blazer to cut my vinyl. I am having good luck with one color and now want to try 3 color. Have my colors layered and when i go to cut everything looks good. My problem is that I dont have any registration marks so that I can line every color up. Went through the tutorial and went into draw where it says you add the registration mark but there is not one there. Any ideas???

I started using a + (Arial Font) as my registration mark. I make it about 3/4" in size. I lay the first layer down and cut the middle out of the +'s of the other layers. Then you can line them up through the backing paper. I find it a lot easier to line up the other layers this way.

Thanks, I have been watching lots of tutorials on you tube!

Appreciate the assistance.

In Signblazer there is a library - go there - then under symbols - and general - there are diamond shapes or + signs etc.

Make them whatever size goes well with the work you're doing. On big signs I use 1 inch.

Then drag 2 of which ever symbol you pick for each color you're using (3 colors - 6 symbols, 2 each color)

Using the measuring lines on each side - make one horizontal and then 1 vertical line - intersecting 1/4 of the way across the top of your sign,

click one of the lines till it turns red and then drag one symbol of each color onto the intersection - move the vertical line over to 3/4's of the way

across the sign top and click till it turns red then drag 1 symbol of each color onto that intersection

remove the lines and TA DA ! Registration marks done