Sign in to follow this  
timcos

Placement of vinyl

This may be related to the laser question I asked in another post.

Where do I index the vinyl?

The throat of the cutter is actually wider than 24 inches.

Which mark do I line up the vinyl to get it to cut correctly? I have had the cutter run off the edge of the vinyl and of course the cut was lost.

Cheers,

Tim

What cutter and what software do you use. the answer depends on it.

If your cutter does not measure the size of the vinyl, you will have to set the width n the software. I don;t use SignCut so I'm not sure where that is done. Maybe check if there is a setup or options under tools.

Whatever you do make sure the vinyl is square in the plotter.... and that it is being feed squarely into it. Any misalignment will cause feed errors. So always run out a bit to check it... if it's feed off reset and test again. If your in feed is not square or binds one side or other that can cause issues as well. I always leave at least 1/2" out side each roller and cut image centered... much better to toss the waste that waste it all. :o

i use a nice plastic playing card on the front of the cutter, on the extreme rh side in frt of cutter, and also at the back of the cutter, tape the card stock down good ,it gives you a good straight 90 degree to the cutter, just run the vinyl up against it frt to back its in line.works for me