ive just started up in this new sign field and i was wonder what is the average price for the following items i know that it varies from state to state and business to business but was wondering if my prices would be to high or too low

1. black license plate with lettering

2. white license plate with lettering

3. 2inx8in decals

4. 10inx10in decals

5.2ftx4ft banners

6.36inx4in windshield banners (one color and 2 colored)

i would like a good estimate of these things so i know where to start and maybe increase or decrease over the next couple of months thanks

UMMMM :huh: OK, I'll take a crack at it...

First of all, welcome to the sign buizzzz

#1 $8

#2 $7

#3 $2.00 in that range...depends

#4 $4.00 in that range ....depends

#5 $, I sell 3 x 6 banners fully printed, hemmed and grometted for $60 each. $40 for 5 and $30 for 6+ banners

if ur just cutting and appllying to banner material, you may want to up those prices by $10 each minimum

#6 $9.00 for white die cut or $15 for fully printed, and $20 for print / laminated

OK, SO!, 2 questions....

#1, what equipment do you have & what do you charge now? ..are you making enough money?

#2, are you doing mainly vehicle stuff ..and some signage?

I ask cause how I started out. Makes a big diff!!

I owned a after market auto parts store 10 years ago and had my own plotter/cutter for my own signage. I did a lot of pin stripeing for car dealers then too! Been doing sign stuff for 9 years now:)

The way I see it, It's all the same. Were all trying to make a living.... Isn't that why were here?

With that being said, You got to figure out what materials for what kind of jobs cost you, vinyl, masking, cutting & blades and of coarse time! for each job! time is the killer; You must get paid for it! and charge 3 times your cost minimum.

It all has to calculate in or you will pay for it at the end. Trust me, I know that for a fact!

Its tuff starting out, but friends and businesses can gain you many customers but, BEWARE! Some of these jobs can suck your business dry..sorry but I call these BRO-JOBS and a few is ok But!, this is a business and we have to make a living ya? Want you to make a living too!

Hope this helps:)

UMMMM :huh: OK, I'll take a crack at it...

First of all, welcome to the sign buizzzz

#1 $8

#2 $7

#3 $2.00 in that range...depends

#4 $4.00 in that range ....depends

#5 $, I sell 3 x 6 banners fully printed, hemmed and grometted for $60 each. $40 for 5 and $30 for 6+ banners

if ur just cutting and appllying to banner material, you may want to up those prices by $10 each minimum

#6 $9.00 for white die cut or $15 for fully printed, and $20 for print / laminated

OK, SO!, 2 questions....

#1, what equipment do you have & what do you charge now? ..are you making enough money?

#2, are you doing mainly vehicle stuff ..and some signage?

I ask cause how I started out. Makes a big diff!!

I owned a after market auto parts store 10 years ago and had my own plotter/cutter for my own signage. I did a lot of pin stripeing for car dealers then too! Been doing sign stuff for 9 years now:)

The way I see it, It's all the same. Were all trying to make a living.... Isn't that why were here?

With that being said, You got to figure out what materials for what kind of jobs cost you, vinyl, masking, cutting & blades and of coarse time! for each job! time is the killer; You must get paid for it! and charge 3 times your cost minimum.

It all has to calculate in or you will pay for it at the end. Trust me, I know that for a fact!

Its tuff starting out, but friends and businesses can gain you many customers but, BEWARE! Some of these jobs can suck your business dry..sorry but I call these BRO-JOBS and a few is ok But!, this is a business and we have to make a living ya? Want you to make a living too!

Hope this helps:)

1.$10

2.$10

3.$4

4.$10

5.$45

6.$25 one color $35 two color

and i have a pcut and signblazer trying to save up for better software and yes i do vehicle graphics and some signs and yes but it has gone a little downhill since ive started ive done some small advertising but it really hasnt helped much and when i started i use to could pay my truck payment and still have some left over but recently business has gone downhill

I hear you. Think everyone here has at one point has at least experienced the downhill effect :( I know I have. Well, you know what they say., your first 3 years are the toughest. I've heard some say 5 years. Hell, took me 6 years LOL! After 6 years, I started contacting big business / corps, dosens of them offering my services and actually picked up a few. A couple of them pay my bills every month now! or at least most of them in the slow season. I feel very fortunate to have picked them up. Took a lot of work tho, AND cost me a bunch in samples and spacific materials to start up.

Somthing I still do that gets customers .... I make an appt to see or drop in on a business with a package of products we sell or send packages to various business in and out of my area that include samples of product we sell like a small 10" x 18" banner hemmed and grometted so the potential client can actually see and handel the product. Also some printed decals, glossy and matte. AND, a 4" square of coroplast, aluminum, mdo, allupanel. A printed tee shirt etc. What ever I can think of they could use to promote there business. All with examples of cost, a couple business cards and images of work I have done for other businesses in there back yard. This is deffenatly an expensive way of advertising so I would only send packages like these to potential clients that I want. "Just not anybody out of the phone book" BUT!! It's a preety good tool. Sometimes you have to go get em. They don't always come to you.........

Hang in there mrextreme.. hope all works out :)