Sign in to follow this  
fenceman

traces but will not cut

cutter: uscutter lazerpoint

signblazer

i started out having a issue with the computer not recognizing the cutter, i changed from a usb cable to a serial cable, adjusted my port settings so they are the same on the device manager and in sbe. now when i click the cut tile button, it appears to be atempting to send info to the cutter(no cutter movement)it slowly traces the item being cut(it used to be super dee duper fast at tracing)but once it completes tracing the screen just goes back to the pre cut state (the little box that pops up that says cutting info sending to cutter disappears). any idea on what is wrong?

i read the pinned topic on this but this issue wasnt really answered. the best solution i got was to check the ground....

i called tech support, the guy sounded like he was going to be useless but as it turns out he wasnt lol, he had me let him into the computer and with in 5 minutes, the issue was fixed, im not 100% sure what exactly all he did but from what i seen, he had me swap back to the usb cable, installed a new driver: http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/72/23/driver-ftdi---mh-creation-copam-and-sc---windows-xp--vista--7

and swapped the port settings back to the usb settings, and it started cutting. he said that some times the usb ports change, and to double check them. i was double checking my ports last night, but either i missed something or it was that driver. so hopefully this helps out . i know i had 27 views and no responses lol