thor2015

Graphtec CE5000-60 margins

I recently received a Graphtec CE5000-60 for Christmas and am trying my first cuts on some sample sheets of 12" x 12" material. When I select the "sheet" option and press enter to let the cutter measure length and width, I get a measurement of about 10.7" x 10.5". Is there any way to use more of the cuttable area of the sheet or is this a normal margin that cannot be adjusted? Thanks for any advice.

I have a GraphtecFC7000MK-75 . I thought the measuring just wasted vinyl. I disabled the media sensor, and pinch roller sensor at the git go.. Mine was in background settings. I can place my carriage head right off the edge of the vinyl hit origin and cut. Less waste. No more measuring the vinyl, and just place the pinch rollers over the grit rollers and your fine.

Thanks for the response- I'll give that a try. Since I've gotten this plotter I've been reading your posts on the different ins and outs others have had with the Graphtec so I appreciate all the help you've given.

I think I will once I get more familiar with it and the software. I have to keep in mind that I am going from a hobby grade machine to something more professional grade and as such there is a learning curve. For right now I am cutting directly from Inkscape until I can get my hands on a legal copy of Adobe Illustrator.

Disabling the sensors seemed to help but I ran into a glitch. After disabling the "home" and "media" sensors, I loaded a sheet and did a test plot with my pen tool to test how my software was orienting my graphic and what margins it was using. After this first plot, when I would press enter after loading a new sheet, the head would move all the way to the left until it jammed. The first time it gave me a "Y position error" fault but the next time it simply reset the machine. Since I really don't want to ruin the machine or put unnecessary stress on it I reset the factory settings to re-enable the sensors, disabled them again and now it seems like the cutter is behaving (after pressing enter the head stays put instead of trying to search for the roller position).

Figured out part of the problem. Disabled media and home sensors again, but I found when I changed the media orientation settings in the Graphtec cutting plotter controller the cutting head is told to search for the leftmost roller. Since both sensors are disabled, no roller is found and the cutting head just keeps drifting to the left until the controller is opened again and the settings are reset.

What is HOME for?

I found it in your user manual...... never mind

found this in your user manual

If the media or home sensors have been disabled (set to DISABLED), be sure to specify

the cutting/plotting area (see “4.11 Setting the Cutting/Plotting Area”). If the cutting/plotting

area is not specified, the cutting mat may be damaged.

forum member mr300s uses Signblazer with his Graphtec CE5000 use mode HP-GL

Use the Signblazer all cutter version.

I recently received a Graphtec CE5000-60 for Christmas and am trying my first cuts on some sample sheets of 12" x 12" material. When I select the "sheet" option and press enter to let the cutter measure length and width, I get a measurement of about 10.7" x 10.5". Is there any way to use more of the cuttable area of the sheet or is this a normal margin that cannot be adjusted? Thanks for any advice.

The margin is set by where you put the wheels that is what it uses to size the material...

Home is where the cutter starts from

MM64 B)

Thanks, guys.

I've read about the cutting strips getting damaged so I am doing test plots with paper and the pen tool. If the pen tool runs off the sheet, there's a little ink to wipe off but no permanent damage to the strip. I'll also look into Signblazer as well.