Sign in to follow this  
IceBreaker2000

roland cx24 info/price help

Someone has recently offered me to buy their roland cx24

being a roland i am assuming they are a good cutter. (no clue how old this model is)

want to cut vinyl mostly, and perhaps some rhinestone stencils.

what is a fair price for me to offer? (again i know nothing about these)

personally, I would be asking EVERYTHING about it before I made an offer.. why haven't you?

and if a pick up, I would want to see it cut a detailed design right in front of me..

yeah its a pick up. and I would want to see everything works etc.

but other than that, ive no clue what they go for now as used machines...

i just dont want to rip myself off or insult the person with an extreme lowball offer..

Well, It's not an insult asking questions first, before you go look at it... user manual dated 2000 for the CX24.

no stand (Desktop model), cutting strip/blades are fairly new. still in use as a backup. and i can see it cut and be demo'd on site with whatever design i want. (im assuming its had heavy use)

so basicly i just got to go check it out and see if it works etc. and find out what these things go for now. Yeah i gather its older and doesnt have the optical eye. Less downforce than the the newer models GX24. (Which retail new for 2,000 or so) ebay range 1500-1800..again for the GX model..i've seen the GX list on kijiji for 850 used with stand. so im assuming less than that. its just how much less which i have no clue :)

yeah i saw that one on ebay. Also seen a couple go for more using the completed option. Which is odd considering the newer GX have also gone for those same numbers. (700-900)

yeah im thinking i'll offer 400 maybe 500. Worst case i guess they say no.