mrextreme12

corrugated plastics

hello im looking to build up supplys before i actually open where could i get these at a affordable rate with stakes and so shipping doesnt kill me and the customer, i know uscutter has them but i dont need that many to start with

How many are you looking for? If you have a Montroys or N.Glantz near you, you can typically buy them individually.

I suggest you buy 100 to get the price cut. You will use them eventually and they don't have an expiration date.

Remember that white coroplast is a one-side sign material -- if you try to put lettering on both sides, they will shadow through the translucent material and make reading either side very difficult.

Highly recommend OPAQUE white.

I buy 4x8 sheets and cut them myself -- that's 10 blanks per sheet (18" x 24)

Don't forget, customers will want various colors, not just white (yellow, red and blue are very popular) so having a few 4x8 sheets of those on hand is worthwhile, too.

Metal H-stakes really are cheap looking -- I prefer to install my signs with USA SPIDER STAKES (Plastic) and charge a little more to my clients accordingly.

post-21408-0-11891200-1327070739.jpeg

I suggest you buy 100 to get the price cut. You will use them eventually and they don't have an expiration date.

x2 on this one. you would be suprised how fast they go when people start ordering them

Remember that white coroplast is a one-side sign material -- if you try to put lettering on both sides, they will shadow through the translucent material and make reading either side very difficult.

Highly recommend OPAQUE white.

I buy 4x8 sheets and cut them myself -- that's 10 blanks per sheet (18" x 24)

Don't forget, customers will want various colors, not just white (yellow, red and blue are very popular) so having a few 4x8 sheets of those on hand is worthwhile, too.

Metal H-stakes really are cheap looking -- I prefer to install my signs with USA SPIDER STAKES (Plastic) and charge a little more to my clients accordingly.

post-21408-0-11891200-1327070739.jpeg

Can you place a link to where you get the steaks..Thanks..I did a search and came up with nada for name listed on the picture..

I get those SpiderStakes from my wholesale supplier -- GRIMCO -- at a buck apiece.

Once you use them, you'll never want to return to those flimsy metal stakes, and my customers gladly pay $3.50 each because they are sturdier and don't bend over like metal stakes will.

I have found that many times, I can upsell my customers into a 24" x 36" corrugated sign, using TWO SpiderStakes.

I do this by pointing out the higher visibility of a larger sign (I display a sample of three choices of bandit signs in my shop 12"x18", 18"x24" and 24"x36") -- about 75% of the time, I'll get the order for the 2'x3' with twin stakes.

Bigger IS better.

I get premade 18x24 blanks at a buck a piece at my local sign supply store- min quantity 20 at that price. SOOOO much easier than cutting down a 4x8 sheet- and always have perfect straight cuts every time without having a device to slice and dice it.

How many QTY you have to order to get the 1$ price on those stakes!

Post removed!!!! I didn't relize USC sold them. My Bad.

I spent several thousands of dollars here in the last couple of months and got great service and prices. I purchase most of my stuff from here. Can't beat that $9.00 shipping.

Mark

Jeez don't you people even think to check the very people who provide this forum?

http://www.uscutter....50-USTSPIDERSTK

Many posts/threads make me wonder if some can even spell gratitude , let alone show it ......

• Like 2

S&D , Hilarious :thumbsup:

+1...I agree Banner..+1 on Roger as well..I see both comments to be right on!!!

Facepalm lol... Actually I didn't even think to look. However, most of the stuff I buy- even if about the same or a little more I tend to buy local IF I can... thats a BIG IF... The local sign shop charges me almost 35$ for a 10yd roll of 24" O631... so if I have more than one roll to get it's a no-brainer to get it here.

Larger things like sign blanks are usually less expensive locally.

However, I did look at some banner stands today- and well, USC is simply out of stock on all of the rollup ones :(

Thanks Skeeter..they have free shipping...so it makes them .99 each after the free shipping..Hard ta beat that price..Thanks again

US Cutter with $9 shipping makes them .98 each and that's assuming you don't buy anything else to take advantage of the flat rate shipping to get something else at the same time.

• Like 1

Boy we are getting to the 1000 of a cent here..I get .98989...LOL..Any ways John you are absolutely right on the price..I swear I saw a different price when I chose to go with the free shipping..If I had seen this price I would had fed the hand that allows us to post such things here..I CERTAINLY will buy these the next time..i always support them when I can...And it's all about the all mighty buck as everyone knows...

EVERY ONE BUY THEM FROM USC...it's the same price as quoted like John says..Feed the beast that lets us post what we want when we want...

Thanks John + :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Boy we are getting to the 1000 of a cent here..I get .98989...LOL..Any ways John you are absolutely right on the price..I swear I saw a different price when I chose to go with the free shipping..If I had seen this price I would had fed the hand that allows us to post such things here..I CERTAINLY will buy these the next time..i always support them when I can...And it's all about the all mighty buck as everyone knows...

EVERY ONE BUY THEM FROM USC...it's the same price as quoted like John says..Feed the beast that lets us post what we want when we want...

Thanks John + :thumbsup:

I always wait til I have several things to order. That brings the shipping way down. Take advantage of the $9 flat rate.

Absolutely, and that goes for all sorts of US Cutter items --- pricing on their materials is spot-on, they know the market and provide a wide assortment of the things we use everyday, helping us all to make money.

I will just take this opportunity to repeat what I said before:

Try to upsell your customers who want coroplast/bandit signs, and get them to buy into the 2'x3' size using TWO SpiderStakes.

It has been a very popular item in my store, as clients love the bigger size and get more BANG for their bucks.

I buy from USC for several reasons...not just because they provide this forum..which is a good reason in itself.

1. Most of the time,their prices are as low as ,or lower than anyone..especially places like Fellers.

2.Flat rate shipping on every order no matter how large. A few weeks ago I ordered 3 rolls of banners.....shipping,$9. Just for the fun of it,checked shipping from another supplier on the same thing. Price difference,almost $40.

3. If I place my order before 2pm my time, it always ships same day,without fail, for the past year or so.

4. 2 Days from order to my door,always.

5.The ONE time they shipped the wrong thing, they paid return shipping and sent me the right thing before they received the wrong item back. The wrong item was as much my fault as theirs ,btw. I ordered over the phone and didn't describe it as well as I should have.

i used to order from SignWarehouse...their shipping was high...and I NEVER got a tracking # without having to bug the crap out of them for it.

Somebody posted a link for 18x24 blanks. I looked at it...if you buy less than 100 they are $1.63 each. Man, I can buy one or 50 locally all day long for $1.19.

I hear ya..I like less shipping per item..I tend to just order as I need it..

I am usually way to busy to stack an order up and wait for material..I need what I am using when I use it up I order...

Right now I am working on 29 political Republican Caucus 3 sided tri signs 8 foot tall..I just put the last 50 yard printable vinyl in the printer and I am reordering after posting..I hate to run out..Seeee :D

I am just that way...I have toooooo much on the plate usually to run out...

Sucks sometimes but thats me..