Sign in to follow this  
CollinJ

Need banner blanks...

Just checked on USCutter and they dont have the sizes I am looking for. I need a couple that are 2x4 and a couple that are 1x3 or 2x3 and can't seem to find them. I found some on Sign Supply (dot) com which is Ordway Sign Supply? Anyone ever used these guys before or can point me to a better place that has them?

Thanks

I used Ordway about 5 years ago.They were slow to ship and the banners I ordered were not what I received.

Fellers has a great banner line up. any oz you need for cheep! Heck, like some others, I sell fully printed 2x4 banners for cheap:)

I have found that using Bandanna Banners is a very logical way to go.

http://www.bandannabanner.com/

They sell rolls of heavy (13 oz) banner material in a box, all ready hemmed and grommeted, with double-grommets at 24" intervals, so all you need to do is cut between the grommets, and you have a banner of just the right length. 2' 4' 6' 8' 10' 12' 14'

Pricing works out to about $9 for a 2'x6' section --

However, they don't have 12" wide material, only 24" 34" 46"

I have found that using Bandanna Banners is a very logical way to go.

http://www.bandannabanner.com/

They sell rolls of heavy (13 oz) banner material in a box, all ready hemmed and grommeted, with double-grommets at 24" intervals, so all you need to do is cut between the grommets, and you have a banner of just the right length. 2' 4' 6' 8' 10' 12' 14'

Pricing works out to about $9 for a 2'x6' section --

However, they don't have 12" wide material, only 24" 34" 46"

I tried those years ago.The problem is, they are 2" shorter than the advertised width. A 24" roll is actually 22" finished. I had more than a few complaints.

US Cutter sells full width banners by the roll. Considerably cheaper and good quality. I use them every day

examples here:

http://www.uscutter.com/ZenQuick-13oz-Yellow-Grommeted-Banner-Rolls-B-ZBSRL13YL

http://www.uscutter.com/ZenQuick-13oz-Yellow-Grommeted-Banner-Rolls-B-ZBSRL13YL

they are currently out of stock on some sizes but expect more at any time.

Regarding banners on a roll ----- the nice thing about the bandannabanners is they have TWO grommet sets spaced at the 2' intervals.

That means, you can cut between them and have the grommets on EACH SIDE of the cut (the end of one banner section and the beginning of the next)

With the USCUTTER version, there is a single set of grommets placed every 24", so when you cut the material right beyond these grommets, that means you'll need to ADD grommets onto the starting corners of the next section.

As it happens, I do own a USCUTTER grommet machine (just bought that a few weeks ago, as a result of the thread in these forums about it) ---- so, next time I'm in the market for an entire roll of material, I'll likely try the banners from USC.

Thanks, bannerJohn (and now we know why you use THAT name !!!)

post-21408-0-85059500-1327971227.jpg

here's what I do with the USC banner rolls. I find a grommet and make it the center,then go from that in each direction. Normally, I lose about 5" on each end. But the cost difference between that and the bandana banners makes me still come out way ahead. IN fact, the price difference between the Bandana and the USC roll payed for the grommet press.

The problem I have with the Bandana Banners (other than the short width) is the 3" between grommets. They say it allows for use of 1" banner tape. Here's the thing...a 1" hem requires 2" of banner. 2+2 is 4,not 3. And then, there's the fact that I do a LOT of 5 foot banners. You can figure that one out.

S&D...if you bought the standard grommet press, I suggest you buy the large dies and grommets as well.

Oh,and for the record..in 8 years I've tried every way there is to cut the price of banners...I've hemmed and grommeted them myself (I have an industrial sewing machine)..bought them pre-made..you name it. Two things happened...I got sick,and realized time is money.The less time I spend making the blank,the better.