abullock22

got myself a 24" graphtec - laptop decal

Great job, I like your work. Just a thought you might want to rethink the fan decal in the babies room. Read this article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosensitive_epilepsy Tells about

Photosensitive epilepsy (PSE) is a form of epilepsy in which seizures are triggered by visual stimuli that form patterns in time or space, such as flashing lights, bold, regular patterns, or regular moving patterns.

• Like 3

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up I didnt even think about that issue - much appreciated, I will take it down - yikes, thanks again!

A tone on tone design - there is a lot of color going on in the babies room so decided to go for a more subdued white on white decal. It really contrasts when you walk towards it down the corridor due to the difference of the wall texture and vinyl - once you enter the room it just fades away to make way for the bright posters etc on the opposite wall.

The name will be cut into the 'banner' once decided and the date will also be added

This design actually gave me a lot of trouble during production so big thanks is needed to the guys on here for helping me get through it :)

final_animals_small.jpg

hello ,i'm Joanna ,nice to meet with all of your :ph34r:

nice to meet with all of your..... ninja!? hehehe

on topic, after watching ur decals, even tho i havent received my cutter yet (will be here tomorrow or sat) im regretting buying the SC one :( i want a graphtec now!! i dont have the money for it tho but i want it :< and very nice work!! that baby will have a pleasant room and congrats!! (if that baby will be urs or family member, if not, forget it ¬¬ )

Somebody off another forum came to me with a photograph of graffiti from Afghanistan and wanted it on their Jeep so worked on putting it into outline format and cut - came out pretty well

face_process.jpg

I'll agree on the Graphtec hype..... I did the "inexpensive" cutter, less than 3 weeks later a Graphtec replaced it and the other one went on craigslist.

And BTW the laptop graphics are really nice, makes me want to decorate my Macbook pro, lol.

And BTW the laptop graphics are really nice, makes me want to decorate my Macbook pro, lol.

thanks, yeah the laptop goes a lot of places with me so nice to keep switching up the vinyl on the front and using it as a promotional tool :)

abullock22, would you mind sharing the eps file for the afghanistan skull? I love that. Thanks in advance!

abullock22, would you mind sharing the eps file for the afghanistan skull? I love that. Thanks in advance!

I second this!! Please!
  • Like 1

do a stamp in photoshop? u mean the clone stamp tool?

I want to learn how to do that. i would love to blow one of these up and cover my wall with a bunch of comic book characters.

Been a while so just wanted to update with my first large scale dual color work. This was a 6ft wide logo for a small vintage clothing store. it was comprised of white text with a black shadow. My first large-scale install, which to be honest was a bit of a nightmare - and i dont mean because i had to get my wife to help lol. First it was brand new vinyl and I didnt reset my blade and i had cut too deep so when i peeled off the backing paper it would tear around the letters - this was a massive set back and took a long time to get all the backing paper off correctly, so that was frustrating (especially with the client looking over my shoulder)..then i used the incorrect amount of splash so once i had it stuck up on the glass when i peeled off the masking tape the letters would start to also peel off as it just wasnt drying easily - i think i had way to much soap in it.

However at the end of the day it came out really amazing, i think it had one tiny bubble in it, barely noticable, and the client was very happy - I too was very happy with it (as it was stressing me out the few days before trying to figure out how to install), although it took about 2.5 hours in total and a lot of sweating. Added bonus was when they turn on the side lights it looked as though the white parts of the letters glowed internally so kind of a happy accident!

(oh i switched out the white type at the bottom to black a few days later at thier request)

below are some cellphone pics

2012-09-12222136.jpg

2012-09-12222043.jpg

2012-09-12222010.jpg

2012-09-12214943.jpg

great work! I was questioning if it was printed because you got the fading colors with it, but then i read the description above ;D. Looks good!

lol thanks - yeah no printer so just black and white vinyl, just a strange effect that occurred, luckily it was embraced by the client!!

I'd be curious to see how my "value" cutter would cut this...

Pretty well. I hope it's not bad form, but I copied the file and made one. It's on yellow becuase I had a scrap peice around. I cut it 9.3" wide x 7" tall on my SC series cutter. I think it came out great and no problems weeding.

post-27448-0-96115900-1349472896.jpg

• Like 1

since the holidays are here i dusted off the gold and silver vinyl and designed a custom holiday greeting for a clients front door - turns out the measurements were wrong so had to improvise the snowflake locations but it came out nice! - oh and it is centered on the glass just looks off center due to the camera angle :D

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg