Sign in to follow this  
TheAtomicSoul

New MH721 Carriage won't move

It seems there's few looking at the official thread so I figure it might be best I post this here.

I just received my MH721 28" plotter Friday night and to my dismay the right panel was broken (more accuracy, all the plastic around the screws were broken).

I could ignore this however when I tried to get it to work the Carriage that holds the blade would not move left or right on the arm. I can hear it trying to be moved however I believe that the top of it is rubbing against the edge of the large gray bar at the top.

Is this a problem anyone else has experienced? Is it something that's easily fixable without having to ship back the unit for repair?

make sure the carriage white wheels are firmly in the track, sometimes come out during transport.

http://support.uscut...w/12/0/bad-cuts

Thanks; I checked and all three wheels are inside their respective V shaped tracks (1 top, 2 bottom.)

When I move it by hand it moves easily on the left side of the unit but has strong resistance on the right side. I can hear what I assume is the top of the carriage sliding against the gray top bar when its on the right side.

When its turned on I hear a rough sound as if it cannot move and the Carriage jerks/ vibrates from the belt being pulled but not moving.