Hummer

Layed off...now I have to make money!

My insurance agent told me the same thing --- my Chevy Astro van CANNOT be used as a rolling advertisement with my shop name on it, and still be insured as a personal vehicle. If I put my company logo and phone/website on it, then he would have to classify it as a commercial-use truck and need to charge higher rates.

So, yes, I think Alien's idea is very appropriate, just decorate my van to attract eyes, and when someone asks, tell 'em it's MY work!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Hummer.

Peace.

What about magnets? They aren't permanent and look almost as good. Easy way to make them disappear if need be.

What about magnets? They aren't permanent and look almost as good. Easy way to make them disappear if need be.

And when i go to the strip bar i can take them offf just kidding

Check the laws in your state. Here, if you don't run commercial plates,it can vary. My ex-wife was an insurance agent and you wouldn't believe the lies they were taught to tell people.

Funny this thread came up.... I just walked away from my "Paid" Medic job due to a disagreement with my employer where I showed up at a hospital in South Tex to take a very very sick person north to a better center, and upon assessing them, found they would be better served by Air evacuation vs the 3 hrs by ground... The owner of the company who isnt even a medical person proclaimed to me that I was merely trying to get out of work, and that people were allowed to die in the back of our trucks while we transport them... So I find myself free to run my Tattoo studio with full time hours, and find neat new creative ways to make money with my cutter....

I miss the easy check... but walking away from these asshats was the best thing Ive ever done...

Bruce

If you want to get your foot-in-the-door. You can "donate" some banners or signs to some local fund raiser. Then you can market yourself there, hand out cards, show people your truck, maybe put a brochure holder on it with some info. Might want to do a quick website too.

But from your posts, you really need some content, so do whatever you can to get some vinyl stuck on something and take pics.

Maybe offer some places in town low cost door signs.

I am going to apply this to my truck...don't know about insurance, but will look into it. Thanks to all who guided me. So much to learn...having a blast!

I have seen this photo before...really interesting...have to find a source for this in Canada.

Using a vehicle as your insurance company would consider commercial does not depend on how it shows up during the day . That could get thru , but if involved in an accident at night or in the tow yard , the sign showing up would validate their claim . I believe they would have to cover the accident , but might be able to backcharge you commercial rates . In a mild form , the dealers glue on tag ( Rodger's Chevrolet ) might technically put it in the same commercial use . If you don't change the use of the vehicle , drive the same routes & mileage , the decals does not make it commercial . Different states have different laws pertaining to DOT standards of commercial . Most states i have experienced does it with registered weight , number of axles & air brakes or not etc .I would use magnetic signs if it is a worry to you . if not letter er up !!!