Sign in to follow this  
fenceman

i need a fence graphic

i made a fence graphic in paint. i would like to import it into sbe and cut it. how do i go about doing this, i saved it as a jpeg but cant get it to show up to import it

yes its just a picket fence. what i have figured out so far, i saved the picture i made as a jpeg, then i was able to import it, i selected the image, clicked mode, clicked monochrome bitmap, then hit vectorize. that gave me two images. one right on top of the other. i separated them deleted the original. tried to cut, but a pop up appears, says: can not open the output device. error intillizing cutter. usually i can unplug the usb cord (frome computer to cutter) and plug it into another usb port and go into setup and select the new usb port, but thats not working. idk

a smart one you are.... i had no idea about the node edit, i tried once before but used only squares lol and it didnt look right. i tried a few minutes ago to cut a sign i had cut before, thinking that the fence image was the reason it wouldnt cut but it still popped up and said the same thing about can not open output device. any idea on how to fix that?

make sure your com port numbers match in your computer device manager and Signblazer. You should not keep plugging and unplugging your vinyl cutter, by doing that you are assigning it a new com port number. Best to always have a dedicated computer for your vinyl cutter and leave it plugged in. Or possibly if you absolutely need to unplug it. Then plug it in while the computer and vinyl cutter are BOTH off, that might help.

I had connection problems using USB when I first got my cutter. I changed to a serial connection and have never had a problem. There is truth in what Skeeter says.

ok i turn the computer and cutter off, plugged the usb port into a different port, turned the computer and cutter on. opened sbe went into setup assigned the correct usb port to it according to the device manager, and it still will not cut.

normally:

sbe will freeze the computer and i will have to restart the computer, change the usb port that the cutter is plugged into, and swap it in sbe setup before it will ever cut again, unless i just missed a much easier way to do it.

thats the reason i was changing the ports when it said it couldnt open the device

im stupid to most of this, what is the diff. in serial connection and usb? is it something i can change by buying a new cord?

If you have serial ports on both your cutter and your computer it's a matter of using the proper cable. If you don't have a serial port on your computer, that's when you need the Keyspan Adapter. My PCut came with a serial cable in the box.

ok, so thats the only way i can get it to cut at the current time? my cutter was used when i got it. i have a manual, cutter, usb cable, and power cord

You may be able to get it to cut playing with settings but that is how to keep this problem from happening again in the future.

Jay