Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

You know you're in the sign business when you use a ladder

A sure indication of taking it to the "next level" (pun intended) ----- using a ladder to install vinyl lettering.

Although I've done higher-up work previously (on lighted sign faces above storefronts and onto awnings) today I was doing lettering onto a dump truck.

{{{ I provided the client with a set of DOT #'s for no extra charge }}}

Impressive to have a dump truck in my portfolio!

post-21408-0-86666500-1326246681.jpg

One thing to remember when using a ladder to do sign work.... never step back to admire your work till after you climb down. :P

• Like 1

More ladder work --- (This is 28' on the wall --- 3-1/2 sheets of maxmetal end-to-end)

maxmetal is duroplastic high-pressure laminated with a metallic aluminum surface, also known as DiBond.

post-21408-0-72779000-1326756622.jpg

Nice work I like Dibond works nice and fairly rigid also you can use a router and vgroove bit to make almost seamless boxes to give a dimensional look to your signage.

Dan

This sign just went up a few days ago, I love it when the installation is at a height reachable with a 16-foot ladder.

I discovered that a regular drill is not the best thing for brick --- I need to get a hammerdrill for these types of jobs in the future.

post-21408-0-38097100-1338483676.jpg

Just wait til you have to rent a 100' articulating boom and your lookin over the freeway/hanging a banner in Los Angeles.

Its quite a rush.

BTW. Nice job on the Truck