jwalters69

WF1100 Paper feed issues

Hello. After everyone's suggestions I have purchased a wf1100. I have been happy with it printing smaller items. I have starting trying to print some 11X17 vinyl graphics and am having trouble getting the vinyl to feed. I am using Mactac vinyl. I have ruined about 12 feet today trying to get this paper to feed. I thought it was the paper curl from being on a roll so I would cut the pieces and place them under my large cutting matt overnight to make them flat, but I am still having the issue. I then tried placing paper behind it so it was not trying to feed the one sheet but it still either curls a corner and jams or feeds up behind the printhead causing jams.

Any suggestions?

Jim

Look into the bottom feeding area where the paper/vinyl enters the printer you'll see white tabs with an edge. The paper/vinyl has to rest up against these evenly. When your working with sizes larger than 8.5 X 11 the paper/ vinyl tends to buckle from its own weight & thus the bottom edges don't sit evenly causing usually only one edge to feed properly which leads to this miss feeding. Try paying close attention to this and you should not have anymore issues. Keep us updated please.

I had the same issue and found that if I didn't cut the leading edge straight with the sides it would miss feed.

Once I squared them up they feed fine

Good Luck

MM64 B)

Tried this last night but still had the same issue. I cut a piece of vinyl 12X18 then cut each end on my rotary cutter to be sure they are square. Paper still fed wrong and ends up feeding around and back up by the print head. I then put a piece of 11X17 photo paper in and it worked fine.

Any more ideas?

I have had this issue off and on, and it seems to be amplified when I am stressed, tired, or trying to get a big job done fast....

Couple things-

Like above- make sure your cuts are square. I use a guillotine style cutter, looks kinda like a hinged chopping block.

Second, make sure, if you haven't laid it out flat overnight, roll it backwards off the roll for 5 or ten minutes... from BOTH ends to make sure the very end of each one is nice and flat.

Third, when loading into the printer- don't let the printer just suck it in on its own. Line it up and use a 6 or 8" squeegee with only enough pressure to keep the vinyl flat down inside the feed tray while holding up any excess- DO NOT LET IT JUST FREE HANG, then press the paper button while holding it in and supporting extra- and ease off the pressure as the feeder pulls the vinyl in.

I still sometimes have issues but very seldom when following this process.

I layed the vinyl flat overnight. I then put the piece of cardboard that came in my 11X17 photo paper in first then put the vinyl in. I also held it up with my hand so that it did not bend on its own weight. it worked! I finished the job. laminated them and they look great just like all the prints that come out of this printer.

thanks for the help.

How do you guys laminate larger prints? I placed the laminate sticky side up and layed the print on top of it and that seemed to work pretty well. Wondering if you had other succesful ways?

thanks again.

Jim

I used a cheesy cd rack on its side as a large squeegee for a while, now I just use a big squeegee- I ordered one off amazon.com for like 55$....