Sign in to follow this  
kimbalee

Can't find a font

Hello everyone!!!

Looking for a particular font. I am looking for the font for the 1985 chevy monte carlo ss. The decal goes on the side of the car. I was able to find a pic but when I went to vectorize its a complete mess. I was hoping to find the font instead to make things a little less time consuming. Thanks!!

Yeah I saw it is custom made by GM. I downloaded from that link you sent FBRsportmod68 and it is an .ai file. I have no idea what that is, lol.

If your software doesn't do .ai files you there are a number of free online converters you can use. Just Google ai to eps converter.

When I downloaded the file and then attempted to change it from an .ai file to a jpeg it came back with just letters. Is this a text file or an image? What I saw on the link was an image and its exactly what I need. I also tried to convert to an .eps file with the same results. When I went to import the eps file into signblazer all that came up was a bunch of numbers and letters.

After re-reading your last post I see that you do in fact have Signblazer. Signblazer will open some .AI files, at least the version I have will. So after saving the file from BOTW, go to Signblazer

and click on IMPORT then select the file and when the box that says "IMPORT MODE" pops up, select the bottom option "USE POSTSCRIPT SCANNER".

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!! It worked!!!!!! You all are so awesome. Especially for a newbie like me who needs a little extra coaching lol.