MasseY

Trouble Setting up SignBlazer on Parrellels.

Im having problems with weed lines(blade dragging through the vinyl for no apparent reason) or something there called on SignCut Pro so i decided to try signblazer, it looks great accept it doesnt seem to recognise my machine, i didnt get the cutter from USCutter as im from England, but the company who i had it from recommended me to us signblazer its all they use for their machines, and it said i need to install my cutter as a Refine MH721, so ive done all that followed set up step by step and when i go to actually cut something it, it comes "cannot open the output device error initalizing cutter." If anyone can help me with this it would be much much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

That is a message that can come from the port settings not matched in your computer & in the software , bad or loose cable or anything that does not let the computer talk to the cutter . There is a thread in here posted by Paco called Newbie manual that takes you thru step by step set up . I can't remember what the port # SB has to stay under .. I think under #5 .?? If what you describe are weeding lines , there are options to not have them in every software I have seen . In the cutting screen of SB is where you choose what if any weed lines you want . SignCut has the greatest weeding options by FAR . SB is the easiest design & cutting software to use by FAR :)

I've not tried running Windows on a Mac yet...I don't know how it works regarding ports. I think (could be wrong) that someone on here has done it and maybe they will step forward.

Thanks Karma except my year membership ran out today on SignCut so i am going to have to rely on Signblazer for now, ill try and look for that manual cheers man :-)

Im having problems with weed lines(blade dragging through the vinyl for no apparent reason) or something there called on SignCut Pro so i decided to try signblazer, it looks great accept it doesnt seem to recognise my machine, i didnt get the cutter from USCutter as im from England, but the company who i had it from recommended me to us signblazer its all they use for their machines, and it said i need to install my cutter as a Refine MH721, so ive done all that followed set up step by step and when i go to actually cut something it, it comes "cannot open the output device error initalizing cutter." If anyone can help me with this it would be much much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I didnt get the cutter from uscutter so im not sure which the cutter comes under all the company told me was the Signblazer is compatible and that i need to install the driver as Refine MH721.

It's Called a Liyu, but to be honest im entirely not sure... there is no Labels or anything on it. This - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PERFECT-PROFESSIONAL-VINYL-CUTTER-CUTTING-PLOTTER-710MM-/170752915412?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27c1aab7d4 ( Yeah i know im a cheap skate for buying of ebay but really couldnt afford anything more, just want to get it working.. )

Also, ive hit a block i needed to download the FTDI driver for it but for some reason the link is broken in the New bie manual that Paco posted.. - (

http://www.ftdichip.com//Drivers/CDM/CDM 2.06.00 WHQL Certified.zip ) so im not entirely sure which driver i need downloaded for it to work.. , I have a Mac27" OS X Version 10.6.8 Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, Memory 4gb 1333 Mhz DDR3.

But im using Parallels Desktop to run Windows 7 on my mac and trying to install it on here its basically just a windows with this on.

Smashing, found that but still ive had to download the driver, ive done that but it keeps saying when im trying to update it, "windows cannot find the software for this device" ive browsed and tried to install it from each folder from that download but it still doesnt work?

Sorry man i know im being a pain in the arse.

arr thanks for you're help though hopefully someone else has had experience with this and will step forward :-)