Sign in to follow this  
fcfinishes

Missing lines on IMPACT font

For some reason when going from Inkscape to signcut I am losing single lines on many of the letters that I am trying to cut.

This is what I am doing

Font= Impact

Italics/oblique

InLineFabrication.com

Can someone recreate this issue and help me fix it. I need to cut these at .5 or .6 in high.

Thank you

Darin Gray

Full Auto Graphics

Did you try converting the text to a path before sending it to signcut or maybe removing the "stroke" on the text if you are just cutting it as one color. Might be easier to figure out if u could post a pic of the problem.

I am not sure how to post a pic of the problem. The letters I am cutting are 1/2 inch. I tried to take a screen shot of signcut, but it would not work.

I am using the impact font in inkscape, then hitting combine and that is how I usually cut lettering. This seems that something between inkscape and signcut is going funny with this font. I am at a loss.

The worst part is this guy is a good customer.

Darin

What version of inkscape are you using? Type your text then hit "PATH> Object to Path" After you do that and each letter has its own individual "selection box" then you probably have v.48 or better. If thats the case then from that point click "OBJECT> Ungroup" then click "PATH>UNION" (not combine). Then go to save it as EPS as you normally do. If that still doesnt resolve the missing lines, go back and resave as EPS again but when the prompt comes up with the option at the very top that says "Restrict to PS level" try choosing PostScript level 2.

If you have v.47 or lower then just type text, choose object to path> UNION (not combine) and then save as EPS. the only difference there is no need to ungroup the text in the older versions.

See if this helps at all.