E3cubestore

Getting a vinyl cutter and need some experienced info.

Hello, I need seem help with deciding what vinyl cutter to get.

I run a (currently) small online business selling rubiks cubes and other related puzzles. It so happens that a certain company has a monopoly on making and selling replacement stickers for rubiks cubes. Therefore, my business wants to invest in a vinyl cutter so we can offer some healthy competition.

I know nothing about vinyl cutters though, so I need some help picking one out.

Here's what I'm looking for

Affordable: must be under 1000, 500 would be nice

Quality: Must be able to make the stickers nice and smooth.

What I don't really need

Speed: if things start picking up and I cant produce fast enough, I will be able to upgrade.

Size: a 24 inch or 36 inch will be large enough for me for starters

I will be cutting oracal 651 primarily.

Also, if I could run the vinyl cutter with my iPad, that would be a huge attracting point for me.

So you guys are the experts, what do you recommend.

Thank you in advance

Got a Graphtec CE5000 running off my 27" iMac, been running it for a good 8 months now without any issues. Using Illustrator to design, CutMaster2 to get it to the cutter.

I'm sure the ability to run it from an ipad would be cool, but how practical is it? Me personally, I would trade the novelty of doing that on a cheap 12" cutter for a 24" cutter that would do just about any size job you could throw at it.... because you may only be doing small things today, but you never know about tomorrow!

Got a Graphtec CE5000 running off my 27" iMac, been running it for a good 8 months now without any issues. Using Illustrator to design, CutMaster2 to get it to the cutter.

I'm sure the ability to run it from an ipad would be cool, but how practical is it? Me personally, I would trade the novelty of doing that on a cheap 12" cutter for a 24" cutter that would do just about any size job you could throw at it.... because you may only be doing small things today, but you never know about tomorrow!

I agree. Look at the Copam or the ZenCut Green. Both are great machines.