kylejs2005

Cutter Software

I bought my US Cutter not too long ago and it came with this program called artcut which is not very good....it is all in metric and i really dont like the software....i know how they are coming out with signcut and i didnt know how user friendly this software is....is it in inches?....also i was wondering if u guys could throw some input into what types of software you use that will work with the us cutter....i def need a different program! please get back with me thanks, kyle

I use signcut and flexisign.Both of them work great with R2 (mh721) and the copam cp-2500.But like any program,it does take some time to work with it and figure out how to run the program.

I think signcut is running a special on their software.You can go to:

http://www.sc-x2.com , it should have the prices.Flexisign has a basic version you can get from scanvec amiable.I don't have the link to that.There are also versions of both on ebay.You might see if you can get one on a low bid.

hey thanks for all the info im full of questions haha......one more lol are those programs used for desgining the layouts or just printing them? if so what program should i use for the design part of it.  i know im a idiot lol  thanks, kyle

Yopu can use inkscape,which is an open source graphics program that comes with the signcut cd.You can also use corel draw - illustrator - photoshop - paint shop pro ,just about any graphics program that can vectorize and save as an eps,ai,or even jpg in flexi.It has it's own vector and bezier trace in the pro program,but I can't say that for sure in the basic form.

If you want a all-in-one sign cutting graphic design program with design tools in it, go for WinPCSign...  Check ebay, really cheap! ;D

Its mainly what I use.  Great Program

I tried to use the winpc sign when I first got R2.Maybe it was a bad download or the wrong language,but everything was in chineese and it was really tough for me to get all of the install files out.I never tried to find another download after that because I all ready was using flexi.That's the drawbacks to downloading from links if you don't know where to go get them I guess.

Here is the english version... http://www.download.com/WinPCSIGN-Pro/3000-2191_4-10617735.html?tag=lst-0-1

I have used Flexi as well as WinPCSign, There are features avaliable in flext that are not in WinPCSign... Like Distortions of text and stuff... But for the price of WinPCSign compared to Flexi... I would think that one would not matter about that.

The vectorizing in Flexi is better too, but on WinPCSign, I only have the letter version, (lowest one) and it doesnt to a great job.  I heard that it is greatly improved in WinPCSign Pro.

I agree on the price.The flexi basic is reasonable,but it just doesn't have enough for what I want.And the pro version is way2 on the price.I think they must be in kahoots with the embroidery digitizing software companies because they all charge thousands of dollars for their programs.But,when you look years down the road the software does make you some pretty good money.It's just that upfront cost that kills me.

I use the starter version of Flexi and it does almost everything I need. I use the free INKSCAPE for vectorizing,Flexi imports .eps and cuts with no problems. I use Corel Draw and Corel Trace on the rare occasions I need an outline or contour.There's probably a way to do this in the latest version of Inkscape but I've been so busy I haven't had time to look into it.

I Tried Signcut,and artcut, and didn't like them at all. Maybe because I'm used to how easy Flexi is to use.

You can buy the FlexiStarter on ebay for $100. I made that back the first day.

Just my 2p worth.