rtrevino821

PCUT 1200 Slices through image, & "Waiting" HELP!!!! PLZ!

Hello everyone, i dont know whats going on. my pcut ct1200 is slicing through my cuts and returns to home position. Seems to be locking up because it says "waiting" on screen when this happens. I read through some posts claiming this is a result of static, and some say its a serial to usb problem. First how would i ground the machine to prevent static? Second, what if i dont have a serial port on my cutter? Please help, i have a big project and Im willing to try anything! using signcut btw.

Ok i ruled out static because its grounded to the stand and also has anti-static sheets both on the cutter and inside the roll of vinyl. The only other culprits are either the fact that im using a laptop or the usb printer cable im using.Its just so weird when i cut smaller decals its usually fine but i just cut a 86"x26" and an 84"x24" and both had a hiccup in the middle of the cut both just before they finished slashing a line through the design. I hope switching to a desktop and swapping cables will fix it, if not i give up.

will it go thru those whole large designs with the blade holder up a little and the blade not touching the vinyl? or will it quit once again, even though the blade is not touching the vinyl?

Skeeter it does everything normal except sometimes it will be cutting a letter out then skip to the next letter without finishing the letter it was on. also on its path to the next letter it drags the blade down cutting through other letters then it when it gets to where ever its going it will continue cutting normally. Other times it will do the same thing, cutting a letter fine then suddenly returns home without completing the job, also while dragging its blade down across the vinyl. I have ruined close to 16' of gold! Any guess?

Does it kinda look like this.

Mine is doing the same thing. I just cut 4 things out and it killed 2 of them. it didn't finish cutting the center of the a out. but it drug the blade to the next cut.

Here is a Pic of a larger cut. The cutter Paused drug the blade and than resumed

post-7990-0-00602900-1326032891.jpg

post-7990-0-64810000-1326032898.jpg

Does it kinda look like this.

Mine is doing the same thing. I just cut 4 things out and it killed 2 of them. it didn't finish cutting the center of the a out. but it drug the blade to the next cut.

Here is a Pic of a larger cut. The cutter Paused drug the blade and than resumed

YES! Late reply for sure... but that is exactly what happen! It was frustrating, but what I did was used a different laptop and I was able to finish my cut. Of course not before ruining almost 16ft of oracal gold! Im not sure what the problem was, or if it was even fixed by using another laptop because i havent cut a large run of over 5ft at one time since then. I know many suggest keyspan adapter but my cutter doesnt have a serial port on it so I dont think I can use that adapter.

YES! Late reply for sure... but that is exactly what happen! It was frustrating, but what I did was used a different laptop and I was able to finish my cut. Of course not before ruining almost 16ft of oracal gold! Im not sure what the problem was, or if it was even fixed by using another laptop because i havent cut a large run of over 5ft at one time since then. I know many suggest keyspan adapter but my cutter doesnt have a serial port on it so I dont think I can use that adapter.

yes,, you can use a keyspan adapter, that's is what it's for.. USB to a serial connection

example below from an EBAY ad

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ebb264fa1

I talked with US Cutter about this. THe MB went bad. Actully the Memory did. SO i just sold it on Ebay for 375$ yes i got 375$ for that cutter with a bad board and bought a Copam and i love the copam allot better. nicer cuts and it's allot quiter also