Dr12volt1338

Thank You Button maybe?

I would like to see a Thank you button on the forum instead of everyone typing in a thanks. I know that its more personable when we all type in thanks but on the other hand looking at a topic and seeing it has 147 replies and opening it to sort through 90 of them that are just thank yous to get to actual information can be a pain at times. It may also cut down on space used by the forum and speed some of the searches up. I know I like getting a thanks every now and then on information I give but I would feel just as good about getting a hit on a thumbs up button or something to that nature.

isn't that what the check mark "LIKE THIS" button is for? Which is on every post.... It even shows who clicked it... I consider that a thumbs up..

• Like 3

isn't that what the check mark "LIKE THIS" button is for? Which is on every post.... It even shows who clicked it... I consider that a thumbs up..

ditto

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion though ... hehe . I understand what you are saying about many posts just saying thanks , but that is the nicest problem ever dealt with , isn't it ? There is a X that pops up sometimes under that like button .. anybody know if that is just to dis-like a post you previously liked or is that like giving a negative b-4 :huh: The member who has 322 negatives has not gotten anymore negatives , so it seems the negative voting thing is gone ?

lol JUST FOR the heck of it..... I tried to see what it would do with my own post above. I liked my own post.. but on your own post, it does not give the X below after click LIKE THIS :lol: I don't want to hit the X for somebody else. I don't know what it will do.

• Like 2

That 'x' is for the signature. It allows you to ignore either the poster's sig or ALL sigs.

• Like 1

Cool , Is there an easy way to restore that ? I tried it on a member & want to restore it back . Seems the negative voting been eliminated , has it ?

I can't see any way to undo it.

I do believe the negative voting has been eliminated. Good thing,too.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

Edit ; in " profile " , under " settings " , there is an " ignore preference " where you can set or reverse ignoring ; signatures , posts or messages . Is there a speallring check available :huh: I need to stay in practice in case Nuke stops back in :) .

• Like 1

Cool , Is there an easy way to restore that ? I tried it on a member & want to restore it back . Seems the negative voting been eliminated , has it ?

are tou trying to negative me for a dump topic?:huh: LOL ;)

Naa , not a bad subject & it has come up several times already in the last 4 years I have been here . I am sure some subjects are humorous to members who have been here a long time , I know they are to me . I have a HUGE sense of humor though :) . I think any subject can be discussed without drama . Killing time is what many are doing here anyway . I surf while watching tv etc . I like this forum because it helped me so much & the atmosphere is kept mature . It took ALOT for me to negative anybody when that was an option . I am glad it has been done away with , if somebody does not have the nerve to say it , it should not be done anonymously IMO . Your suggestion was cool & got some info cleared up . I had used the X button on John's post & his signature line disappeared . I found out how to reverse that & evrything is back to normal . :thumbsup: