livinloudgraphics

new cutter or finding out this issue

well ive had my pcut for about 6 months or more but i still cant figure why it keeps freezing when i need big items done like the bleeding cowboys font and the ninja skull etc so im in a new position of saying screw it and getting a better cutter if "the cutter is the issue" lack of memory or a grounding wire or something that im just not doing right so can someone please help me on this issue other than cables i only have a usb prot on my laptop so idk how that would work out maybe a bad wire in it or something i just cant figure up. so if i cant resolve this issue which cutter is the next step up that will run flexi 8.1v1?

below is how i have my cutter placed

post-17596-0-50455100-1323409290.jpg

It could be freezing on too many vector points... try reducing the quantity of points that the cutter must plot. Also slow it down, so that flexi sends the data at a speed it doesn't "outrun" the cutter.....

Are you using the Keyspan Serial to USB adaptor? I had many issues with my PCut until I started using a serial connection, then they all went away. Even spend $30 on an old XP computer to dedicate to cutting. Cheaper than a new cutter.

i agree with jay , my p-cut worked fine until i tried to do big files , then it would freeze up , tried grounding it , didnt help , then got a radioshack version of the keyspan and problem went away for a awhile , then came back , figured out that the cord comming out of the the p-cut own wheight had caused a bad connection , so if i level out the cord so no weight is on the cord it works fine no problems :) , hope this helps ..

im using the cord that came with the cutter it has like a small square at one end and a usb at the other, i have a older model desktop in the barn i may set that up but when i tryed it again it cut perfect (see pic below) but the decal i didnt apply it she did so it may be sideways a little

post-17596-0-72884900-1323474065.jpg