ramy

Mutoh Prism Printers

I saw a Mutoh PrismJet Extra printer on ebay and it indicates that the printheads need to be replaced. When I looked at Signewarehouse, they had this speel about not buying used printers and indicate that these need to be done by a technician and depending on location could cost upwards to $2000.

Is that really the case?

Partially they want you to buy new and buy from them...

I don't personally own a printer like that- BUT from what I understand you have to know what you're doing with one. I priced one at my local sign supply shop and it was inflated a bit compared to buying from USC or SW. BUT from them I would be buying their experience and training etc associated with it. They said one of the guys would come and help me set it up, run through all the basics and care procedures, and if I have issues, they would help me person to person. Fairly well worth it IMHO.

BUT I would not pass up a great deal on a used printer either.

Totally agree. The support that can be provided is totally worth it.

Thats what I'm looking at now, I can get a used printer at what seems a good price, but when you start looking at consumables such as printheads/inks and some of the other wear and tear items, that good price good inflate very fast. Where as I can get the same printer(refurbished) from a dealer with a 1 year warranty cheaper than the good deal printer if you have to replace things fairly soon.

Depends on if luck is on your side or not.