BrandedVinyl

Transfer Tape HELP!!!

Hey guys!

I really need help on this one. And I have 2 different questions!

1: What is the best transfer tape that is clear that works best with oracal 651?

2: What is the name of the transfer tape that is clear and it has some kind mesh grid in-between the layers

This thread looks like it might be a reasonable place to ask. I picked up a new CTO630 and am getting my head around cutting, however it's the transfer tape that is giving me issues. I bought some vinyl and transfer tape with the unit, it appears to be unbranded so I can't give any further detail (the only marking are a date which appear to be on the center of the transfer tape roll (10 02 2010) which Ihave to assume is a manufacture date??

Anyway, the main issue is that transfer tape I have is clear and is apparently low tack so my vinyl seems to be having a hard time sticking to it (it wants to stay on the backing paper :(). My stickers are all intended for car windows so am I just better off getting medium tack or even high tack tape and should is paper better than clear (and which is better for my application)?

When I have purchased tings in the past they have always come on paper transfer tape and I have never had issues with it.

Secondly getting the tape laid flat onto the vinyl is a challenge (the wife seems pretty good, but I am just a box of fail). Is there a knack to getting it laid down cleanly?

actually, I find that paper tape is the best, especially if shipping. I use Main medium tack... For using clear tape, as I do have some, lay the tape with the adhesive side up, on your table. And start at one end with decal and place the decal on the tape, not straight onto the tape, kinda roll the decal onto it. I place objects on the tape corners, to keep it from raising from static.

When ready to apply decal, squeegee the transfer tape/and decal real good. Then peel away the wax paper backing. (Don't try lifting the decal up away from the wax paper backing) Peel the backing away...Hope this helps.

That's pretty much what we have been doing for getting it down onto the transfer tape, I'm sure I'll get the knack sooner or later ;)

The real issue is the getting the backing away cleanly, with lots of patients it can be done after rubbing it REALLY well then taking lots of care getting it off... passable (although only just) for stuff I use myself or give away, completely useless for things I want to sell.

I might just invest in some medium paper transfer tape and see how things go.