Sign in to follow this  
TopSpin80

PCUT CS630

I've recently been doing a-lot of searching on cutters and almost pulled the trigger on a couple. I'd really like to buy from USCutter due to this forum and their reputation. I should have bought an e-bay bundle from them a few days ago and then this question probably wouldn't have come up.

I was looking through youtube clips of cutters today and noticed the button panel on many of the lower end cutters is not "great" I expected this a little due to price. But I found this PCUT CS630 on e-bay and the panel looks really clean and the specs look similar/better than the other PCUT's, I was mainly looking at laserpoints due to I almost bought a used one off craigslist and then searched online and I can buy a new one with software and warranty for the same money.

What do you guys think of this cutter?

It also has and SD slot for cutting offline, I don't think that is a make or break feature, but with all the "cable" problems I am reading about may be a simple solution.

Thanks,

Ernie

Also would this cutter be available from USCutter? as they carry the PCUT brand?

post-20230-0-56164000-1322968403.jpg

post-20230-0-64311900-1322968437.jpg

The one I saw on eBay was $700 + $150 shipping. For that much money, I think I would spend a little more and go with the ZenCut Green. Way better cutter.

I have this exact same model but mine is the wider one... CS 1200.

IMO... it's a fantastic cutter, much much better than some other Pcuts.

I paid around $1350 for mine including shipping... I've had it for 7 months and it paid for itself in the first week.

Previous to this l had a CR 1200 and had nothing but troubles with it, so l replaced it with the CS model and was the best thing l ever done.

I have mine running nearly all day every day and has never missed a beat, and no signs of slowing down at all.

I've had Rolands previously and have friends who have Rolands now and l think it does just as good a job, even on small text and graphics.

It's fast and very quiet... I haven't had the opportunity to use the SD option or the Laserpoint yet but according to people l know who have these models it works very well.

I can't comment on the models Jay is talking about because l don't know anything about them but l do recommend giving the CS some consideration.

BTW... Very easy to set up as well... I run mine with SBE and no communication problems at all.

The only thing l would suggest is to change the blade holder to a Roland one.

I think the CS is well worth the money...Hope this helps in your decision.

Cheers.

Thanks guys, I ended up accidentally buying the cutter on e-bay, I figured I would make an offer and I offered $400.00 expecting a counteroffer. Well the offer was accepted and the cutter was shipped today. I think it will pretty good for the price, as just the regular one is in about that price range.

Now for some paint mask vinyl.

Ernie

I should have an accident like that. Good luck on the cutter and let us know how it works.

FedEX came yesterday!

I hope these photos are setup right.

First of all let my say so far I am very happy with the cutter and it's quality. 2nd my complaints are only due to why build decent quality and slack on shipping boxes?

Picture 1 - It's here!

Picture 2 - Early Christmas opening box

Picture 3 - The cutter looks packed well

Picture 4 - The cutter is out the tape was frustrating, and I had no patience, the wife had to help

Picture 5 - Below the cutter

Picture 6 - Well the stand was what was rattling in the box! This "securing" bubble wrap didn't secure much.

Picture 7 - The stuff / accessories box

Picture 8 - Cutter unwrapped, the head is ziptied secure, and this thing is actually more metal than plastic

Picture 9 - There are some transit scratched near the buttons, this had me worried at first.

Picture 10 - The rollers are all scratched from being in transit and not secure.

Picture 11 - The securing bubble wrap for the stand had worn through due to the stand shifting during transit

Picture 12 - The complete unit

I didn't have time last night to get the computer room cleaned and the cutter up and running. Today I used it and and I am VERY happy with it so far. Reliability is unknown since I have only had it on a few hours now with some practice cuts. I'll post those later tonight if I get a chance. Overall I'm happy and really like it, I'll have to learn SB because flexi 8.6 is not what I had expected although it did fine bringing in my CAD drawings and sending them to the cutter.

Thanks,

Ernie

post-20230-0-81311300-1323468750.jpg

post-20230-0-42586900-1323468758.jpg

post-20230-0-70634300-1323468764.jpg

post-20230-0-54439900-1323468772.jpg

post-20230-0-41155600-1323468778.jpg

post-20230-0-86638800-1323468784.jpg

Hi... You should be very happy with it as l am with mine.

At first l used the Flexi Starter that came with the cutter but it gave me problems sometimes, and it's a bit limited.

Now running SBE... Perfect :)

Also changed to Roland blade and holder, a lot cleaner cuts especially on smaller stuff... The Roland blade holder also has better adjustments.

I know I would be better off serial than USB, but USB is all I have to work with right now. It cuts fine in Flexi, but in SBE it just turns the laser on and doesn't move. I have tried all the different pcut model available in the software (CT630, CTE630 HPGL, and USCutter Laserpoint) any suggestions. The machine LCD just says Working....... COM1-CONNECTION and does nothing. I guess I'll cut with flexi until I get this figured out.

Signs Down Under, what Cutter are you using in SB?

Thanks,

post-20230-0-83620800-1323526801.jpg

post-20230-0-54434500-1323526808.jpg

post-20230-0-35916700-1323526815.jpg

OK... This is what you need to do.

If you read the top of your manual (PDF on the disk) it says...When using com port to output select 38400 for the Baud rate or cutter will not work.

From memory when you install SBE it should give you the option of downloading the FTDI driver.

If not you can get it from the UScutter web site, so since you only have USB to work with from your computer, this will create a USB/SERIAL port using USB from your computer and then connecting to the USB to the cutter.

Or if you have a com port on your computer use the serial cable from that to the serial on your cutter... But l will assume you only have USB on your PC.

Connect your cutter to the PC and turn it on.

Go to device manager and click on com ports

Select a com port (Have mine at com 4)

In SB click on cutter and then setup.

Hit the drop down where it says output device and select com 4 USB/SERIAL (If you chose com 4)

Then hit the comm settings button and change your Baud from 9600 to 38400

It will now run using a USB/SERIAL connection in SBE.

I just select UScutter Laserpoint as the cutter but don't think it really matters what you select.

For yours l think just select CT 630 because that will give you the right vinyl width in the setup page.

Hope l have explained this OK and hopefully l haven't left anything out... Let me know how you went.

If you have problems l will double check my settings, but you should find it will now cut out of SBE.

Cheers.

Well Thanks to those who helped. Especially Signs Down Under, I couldn't have down it without these forums.

I had done everything before and it didn't work, but I gave it a go again and uninstalled EVERYTHING last night then went back with new drivers, an upgrade of windows USB to serial driver and the SB install and the settings above. ( which I had tried before ) It is all working now and I am getting much better cuts with SB than I did with flexi 8.6

Thanks Again,

Ernie

Hey Ernie your welcome :)

Enjoy your new cutter.

Also make sure your blade offset is correct.

As mentioned before l changed to a roland blade holder and found that l get the best cuts with the offset at 0.51mm

Gary.

dear all.

i hope all is well.

i have bought an old pcut cs630 and it didnt came with any installation disk.

i tried downloading the driver from pcut-cn.com but the computer cant see the cutter.

if i try the included serial cable, im stuck as to what manufacturer/model to choose on the list to add the plotter, as i cannot see the "creation pcut" on the list.

i also have a usb-serial connector, but same thing, i dont know what device/printer model to add.

if you have any driver for this, kindly send me a copy please to artxty@yahoo.com

I really need your help.

also, i dont know why, but if i use the included usb cable, it just says unrecognized device.

i tried it on several computer/laptops, running on windows xp, vista, windows 7 starter, and windows 7 premium, all are 32 bit.

i also tried the sd card, i have the 2gb kingston, i have one file inside it, a sample.plt but the cutter cannot read it.

do i have to format it to FAT32 or just FAT?

thank you very much.

dear all.

i hope all is well.

i have bought an old pcut cs630 and it didnt came with any installation disk.

i tried downloading the driver from pcut-cn.com but the computer cant see the cutter.

if i try the included serial cable, im stuck as to what manufacturer/model to choose on the list to add the plotter, as i cannot see the "creation pcut" on the list.

i also have a usb-serial connector, but same thing, i dont know what device/printer model to add.

if you have any driver for this, kindly send me a copy please to artxty@yahoo.com

I really need your help.

also, i dont know why, but if i use the included usb cable, it just says unrecognized device.

i tried it on several computer/laptops, running on windows xp, vista, windows 7 starter, and windows 7 premium, all are 32 bit.

i also tried the sd card, i have the 2gb kingston, i have one file inside it, a sample.plt but the cutter cannot read it.

do i have to format it to FAT32 or just FAT?

thank you very much.

answered in your other identical post