lueman

Which is better gcc pro 24 or roland gx24??

Ok so I',ready to buy a new cutter! My LP 24 has performed beautifully and I am passing it on the my very gifted daughter, But I'm Ready for the next level. So which way should I go? The GX24 seems like the right machine but it's Gram force is only 200gr while the Gcc is nearly 400gr. which one is best? Best software, ease of use, versitality, durability?? all answers welcome!

• Like 1

If I wasn't old,in bad health,and had the money..I'd get the Roland. No particular reason other than it is a well known brand with good support. I never heard anybody say anything bad about a Roland.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post but my pc is acting up.

Thanks Banner John I can relate to everything you say, but I have kids to put through college, so I gatta keep going.

I have a dog and an 88 year old mom who depend on me....so I keep going too.

i have an old 950 roland camm1 it came with flexi5.5 dos operating system this thing is older than air have sinceupgraded to flexi7.5and win.xp and this roland will still out cut anything else ive had .cant tear them up

Have you looked at the Zen series offered by USCutter? They are re-branded GCC cutters. The ZenCut Green specs look to be equivelant to the Roland GX24 at a much lower price. The ZenCut Black adds tangential cut head for more accurate cuts.

well, in my quest I found a very usefull site thought I'd share:

http://sdgmag.com/sites/default/files/resources/SBSEP078-80.pdf

The site lists the various major brands both strengths & weakness, I noticed the Gcc series has a max mil thickness of .003in while roland lists 25 mil I'm not sure how to convert, but I do a lot of twill work so I need the neblade to really dig into the material.

A mil is .001". The GCC spec says .03 not .003, so the GCC will cut .030" thick while the Roland will cut .025"

From the specs you posted the link to, It looks to me like the ZenCut Green is the GCC Expert Pro and the ZenCut Black is the GCC Puma III.