Sign in to follow this  
VictoryDecals

Flexistarter and a US Cutter SC 24

Howdy,

I started this post over in the equipment section but after some trial and error is appears this is the more correct place to be. I have Flexistarter 10 and a US Cutter SC 24 cutter. In flexi I can cut smaller projects and multiples just fine. The issue is when I cut a ton of small objects or something with a lot of text. The issue with the multiples is an easy one to fix. The issue with the ton of text is not. I have changed the packet size and curve quality and had some change but not a lot. What happens is in the middle of the work or so the cutter will cut back to the origin, skip a bunch of text, and cut back to where it picks up cutting. This obviously ruins the work and makes me more than a little angry. One time it freaked out and just cut a line through about 8 feet of material. When I cut this same project with Signcut it works fine (thank you US Cutter tech support). If I have to export from Flexi to Signcut I will but it kind of ruins the point of buying Flexi. The only other explanation that I can think of is both files I have the problem with are made into vectors in inkscape and then opened in Flexi. I don't think this would be an issue but anything is possible now. Thank you in advance.

Chris

have you tried a different driver in Flexi? or connect with a Keyspan adapter? I have Flexistarter, and have always used Flexistater. with no problems. I can cut some of the most detailed designs you could ever find. and no problems. Example below, this design is 76" L x 20" wide and never mess up. My niche' is large fullside vehicle graphics and I only cut with Flexistarter. I have used Flexi 7.6, 8.5, and 8.6

http://forum.uscutte...__fromsearch__1

Yesterday we uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and did a bunch of stuff. I decided to restart the computer and that helped some. I have only connected using the USB so far but if a serial adapter would help I will try it. Today i almost got through the project I have been having the most trouble with. Almost. I am updating Flexi and going to try again. Just saw that 10.0.4 is there. I am also going to redo some of the image so that it is a smaller vector and try it. Frustrating but I sure hope it all works out. Will keep you posted on my results.

Well I think I got the problem solved. It appears that the problem is related to what I am trying to cut. I never thought that resolution would be an issue but it appears to be. The cutter and/or flexi does not like to cut if I shrink the vector down. So I resized it and scaled it up the issue went away. Don't know if it is the smaller file size or the actual image but it doesn't matter at this point. Another added benefit is using the correct driver in flexi for this machine made the machine cut quieter. In case anybody else received absolutely no documentation like I did the correct driver is not US Cutter but Liyu for brand. Maybe this is common knowledge but I didn't know. On to making this thing make me some money.

I solved this problem finally. My advice to anybody using this series of cutter is to only use the serial port and a keyspan adapter. Using USB is the problem. Nothing to do with software at all. US Cutter should update their instructions to say never use the USB. Using the serial adapter makes everything cut quicker, too. At least for me anyway.