eashonk

Where are the classifieds?

What happened to the classified section of your forum? I know you don't make any money on this portion of your site, but it kept me coming back weekly to check for bargains. I bought my wide format printer on there, and saw a great many other deals also. You will probably see a large decline in visitors to your forum due to this decision.

anyone know of other sites dedicated to sign making that offers a classified section? I've been to signs 101, but they don't seem to have visitors very often, so their posts are usually old. I can't find another site with as many active member as this one where all the ads are recent.

Horrible decision by UScutter to shut down their classified section.

Interesting . Let us discuss . I don't know if a classified section will be added to this new format . As a business owner myself , I wonder if i would have a classified section on my website/forums . Would you ? I think if it generated visitors just to check them out , i would not feel a loss of those visitors would effect busness . . I think websites get some benifit from visitor counts , but minimal . I would not have classified on a website like this . If selling stuff , where some benifit to the owner of the website could be attained ( selling fee ) I would try that , but that is very hard to police . I have a website where i am gonna try a section for other people to sell their used mobile homes etc . IF I get something out of it in dollar bills , I will keep it ... if all I get is a pontential customer buying someone else's home instead of a home from me , that section will be gone . I think the classified section here held it's own , but did take some sales away from USCutter & did cause some drama . Veteran members know that members who bad mouth USCutter at every oppurtunity & every place they go , use that classified section often & that would be enough for me to do away with it if it was my decision . I could not stand for backstabbing members to slam my company etc & then use free stuff from me for their benifit . Many times it is reasons we might not even know about that decides what is done . What I miss is the spell check :)

I don't know what free stuff your talking about, but send some my way. I just think that it was a great place to find deals. As far as people bad mouthing, this whole forum is full of that, so eliminating the classified section has nothing to do with that. as far as lost sales go, the real money is in the consumables people purchase, and if someone can get a used plotter or printer on here for cheap, and then start buying consumables from us cutter, how is that bad? they would lose some money do to people selling their surplus vinyl, but i think its minimal. Now I have one less reason to come to their site, and that is bad.

that's the only thing I could think he talking about. It's still here, and it says classified section.

http://forum.uscutte...sell-and-trade/

If so....if he can't see it it means he isn't taking the time to sign in. When the forum update happened, it was changed to members only....along with the mature section.

I see the section without any problems.

Hey Rodger, how is it going?

greenie

Doing good , hope you are doing the same . I have not looked to see if the section is there , i assumed it wasn't when the OP said it wasn't . Signing in does help :)