Sign in to follow this  
VictoryDecals

US Cutter SC 24 cutting problems

Howdy Everybody,

A couple weeks ago I bought a US Cutter SC 24 along with Flexi Starter. After some trial and error I got my blade depth correct so I know this is not the issue. Here is my problem; when cutting large or multiple images the cutter will skip an area and drag the blade. This ruins whatever I was working on and I so far have been able to adjust to make it stop, until now. I am trying to cut out a stencil about 23"x23" with a bunch of text. After about half the cutting is done the cutter will stop in the middle of a letter, drag the blade to a random spot, stop, drag the blade to a new spot, and continue on. The area between where the drag starts and ends never gets cut. I also saw this happening when I cut many smaller items. If I cut 24 3"x3" items it is okay, but 96 and it will do this at least twice. I was wondering if this is an issue with the memory buffer in the cutter, software, driver, or something else. Any guidance or assistance is much appreciated. Thank you.

Chris

that's a fairly new model of cutter to UScutter, not many reviews on it. I would try going into the packet size in Flexistarter and change what ever is there to 1000kb. Curve quality to medium. You will find that in PROPERTIES, under your cutter name upper left corner. after you click the CUT/PLOT screen. Then go to the tab with the picture of the blade. also run less multiples. Turn your cutter off and back on between cuts, to dump the data from the previous order. Get a Keyspan adapter. That's the brand name. Also turning off weeding options gives it more memory.

Well that somewhat worked. It at least made it further into the work before it geeked out. I am going to try lowering the packet size and try again. Any other ideas?

Yes, make sure weeding options are turned off. Try cutting with the blade not making contact with the vinyl. Just raise the blade holder up, or take it out , and see if it finishes the job. It could be static from the vinyl. Your stand should be grounded to your vinyl cutter, if you have a stand. If static, you can also wipe your vinyl cutter with Static Guard, some people put a dryer sheet in the roll of vinyl. wipe the cutter with dryer sheet. etc.

The search for a solution continues but seems to be narrowed. Was working with support for nearly an hour and we were able to determine that this appears to be a Flexi issue. In Signcut the issue went away so the focus is on Flexi now. Thanks again for the assistance.

I'm having an issue with the SC series with the blade slicing straight to the left and then grinding into the leftside of the machine until I cancel the job. For example, cutting 24 four inch stickers laid out over two rows. Half way thru the second row the blade takes off to the left slice as it goes and then just grinds into the left of the machine. Don't know where its trying to go, and don't know whats causing it. It seems random, sometimes it'll complete the job, sometimes it goes crazy. Could this be static as well?

I believe I am having similar issues. I am using a 34" SC Vinyl Cutter with Flexi Starter V10. Randomly when i duplicate an image or even do text and then an image my machine will just stop cutting out the image that it is working on and cut straight across all of the images on the sheet and cut a triangle into the entire vinyl sheet. In the end i am forced to start over. After it did this the last time I didnt make any changes to the images and put in my pen adapter and a piece of paper and it cut just as it was suppose to. So I reinstalled the blade and vinyl and it cut perfect. It seems it usuall happens the first time i cut a project and I have no idea why. I will make the changes as listed above and see if it changes things. Hope someone can help so I can quit wasting vinyl. Thanks

Has there been any solutions to this issue? I am still having issues with projects being trashed by SC series cutter quitting in the middle of a cut and ruining the entire sheet. I have grounded the machine and make changes as noted above. What about the Keyspan adapter?

Has there been any solutions to this issue? I am still having issues with projects being trashed by SC series cutter quitting in the middle of a cut and ruining the entire sheet. I have grounded the machine and make changes as noted above. What about the Keyspan adapter?

I was running into the same problem and found out the cause. I also have the SC series cutter using Inkscape and Signblazer. I watched one of my 18"x32" detailed decal run using the plotter pen on the vinyl backing for testing. I notice my laptop flashed, I looked at the cutter and also found the start a ghost cut not finishing 1 part but starting another by dragging the blade. Well, it's the screen saver I had setup on my laptop. When I set the Screen saver to NONE and changed the Power to NEVER turn off monitor, NEVER turn off hard disks, and NEVER go into System Standby.......Ran the detailed logo twice on the cutter and no longer see ghost cuts. Cuts out the detail with no issues at all. This was never possible before. Hope this helps!